Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audioprana RCA to XLR help
Hi everyone.

I bought my 400s many years ago, used. The original owner chopped them in for Brystons after a couple of months.

This cable came with them and I ignored it. Had no idea what it was for but seems to be RCA to XLR.

[Image: B028E216-799B-4CBB-B6FE-B716665C1BD5.thu...f306f5.gif]

Anyway, I found the cable today and thought I'd see what it did and connected the RCA to the "master" and the XLR to the "slave".
All I got was sound from the left speaker which, of course, is the master which suggests no signal transfer to the slave at all.

Am I doing something wrong or is the cable duff? What little I can find about them is they are mentally expensive too ($400?)
which seems very pricey for something that appears not to work at all!! Also, since the connection between master and slave is digital,
I cannot see any rationale for some hand made cable at uber-bucks i.e. what possible sonic improvement could be achieved?

Any help appreciated.
Did you also change your configuration file(s) so that the connection to the companion used the XLR input? If not, that would explain why you got no sound from the right (companion) channel.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(03-Oct-2020, 11:54)thumb5 Wrote: Did you also change your configuration file(s) so that the connection to the companion used the XLR input?  If not, that would explain why you got no sound from the right (companion) channel.

No! I've not messed with the configurator since I set it up. So, that would probably explain that part, thanks.

Still no idea why a $400 (unbalanced RCA output) would be better than the digital-->digital connector given that the 400s talk digital to one another.