Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audioquest DBS off experiments
Hi all, sharing some findings from experimenting with my digital Audioquest Diamond AES cables. These come with the 72V DBS Carbon packs.

I'm using 2 of them: one as the Master-Companion interconnect, and another one from my DDC source to AES input on the Master.

These digital interconnects sound quite different with and without the DBS pack connected. With DBS, the soundstage is bigger and more 'diffused'. Without the DBS pack, the sound is a bit warmer and more 'focused'. I'm trying them without the DBS pack connected and I think I may prefer it this way.

I also have some of the older-design DBS packs (without the RF filter network) and they sound a bit different too.

Maybe the dual-mono setup is more sensitive to this because the amplifiers operate in bridged mode where the speaker outputs are not connected to ground.

Worth a try to see if you hear any differences and which one you prefer.

I also use AQ speaker cables and power cables, and for those I keep the DBS packs connected.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC