Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audirvana Plus 2.0.1
Hi, anyone using this software on your Mac? This is a wonderful music software that plays everything you throw at it including WAV, APE, CUE, FLAC, DSD, etc.

If you are using this software, please share your experience on the best configuration or setup for this software. At the moment I'm setting it to use Integer mode. Should I set it to Direct mode?

Its Library Management system is fantastic which allows metadata editing. Adding any music file to your storage will automatically be updated in its library.

In my first impression and less than 1 hour of playing with it, I find its interface much better than Amarra and less complicated. They are coming up with a IOS remote soon. Eagerly awaiting for its arrival. Big Grin
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Hi hk6230, I have been trying out Audirvana 2 the last couple of weeks. I have found it softens up the music a little too much for my taste. Does some nice things, but changes what I am used to hearing a little too much. Still preferring BitPerfect on my Mac Mini thus far. A Chord Signature TA USB has made a big difference on the stream quality Mac to 200. Might give the Signature mains cable with smaller IEC a go soon as well, currently using Naim Powerline on the 200.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(09-Apr-2015, 08:25)AllenB Wrote: Hi hk6230, I have been trying out Audirvana 2 the last couple of weeks. I have found it softens up the music a little too much for my taste. Does some nice things, but changes what I am used to hearing a little too much. Still preferring BitPerfect on my Mac Mini thus far. A Chord Signature TA USB has made a big difference on the stream quality Mac to 200. Might give the Signature mains cable with smaller IEC a go soon as well, currently using Naim Powerline on the 200.

When you said Bitperfect on Mac Mini, do you mean using iTunes with Bitperfect on?

Your Chord Signature TA USB cable is a very expensive cable. What USB cable was you using before this?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(09-Apr-2015, 14:47)hk6230 Wrote:
(09-Apr-2015, 08:25)AllenB Wrote: Hi hk6230, I have been trying out Audirvana 2 the last couple of weeks. I have found it softens up the music a little too much for my taste. Does some nice things, but changes what I am used to hearing a little too much. Still preferring BitPerfect on my Mac Mini thus far. A Chord Signature TA USB has made a big difference on the stream quality Mac to 200. Might give the Signature mains cable with smaller IEC a go soon as well, currently using Naim Powerline on the 200.

When you said Bitperfect on Mac Mini, do you mean using iTunes with Bitperfect on?

Your Chord Signature TA USB cable is a very expensive cable. What USB cable was you using before this?

I was referring to the BitPerfect app available on the App Store for not very much. It does a very good job of playing music that might be at different sample rates without having to go to the Audio Midi settings in OS X. Audirvana seems somewhat more sophisticated with more depth to the settings you can apply, but essentially they do the same thing.

I only had a stock Belkin cable before, but I decided to get the Signature TA USB cable as an investment, if I eventually go with a Aurender server (which is very interesting) then the cable should hold me in good stead. But even with the Mac Mini, definition and separation of individual voices and instruments has gone up quite a few notches from what I was getting before. These Chord cables take at least 100 hours to run in, but even brand new out of the box, it only took a few minutes to realise the difference.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
I am using Audirvana since one year ago. I am using all boxes clicked (including direct mode and integer type 1). I am using it with USB or Toslink. So far getting the best results with a mapleshade Clearview USB cable.

Completely unpractical to try to use it with Air, either wifi or Ethernet. You need to deactivate most of the tick boxes, and then you have a lot of difficulties in changing sampling rates without having the chipmunks or a incredibly slow performance.

However, sound is better with Audirvana + USB than with plain iTunes + air Ethernet.

Audirvana performance is very much "in your face". i have just downloaded HQplayer for Mac, which I felt much better in a couple of samples, even working with Ethernet air. Specially the spatial aspects of the performance (soundstage and imaging) seemed better than with Audirvana. The problem is that it does not support ALAC - and all my rips and most of the hires recordings bought in Qobuz and Hdtracks are in ALAC - except a couple of FLAC files where I could run the comparison (Reference Recordings' Rachmaninov's Symphonic Dances in particular). I plan to copy the library into another partition and convert it to FLAC to make a decision. I'm still using the demo version of hqplayer.
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable

HQplayer for Mac ? will try.

For audirvana as I explained in my post it only works well when I use "DIRECT" mode. if I do not I have drops and cuts and the music is not listenable. At least with my Macbook air. Because with the Macbook pro belonging to my wife it works perfectly. Very strange. I even made a wifi antenna change under guarantee by Apple before trying the Direct mode > for the same bad result with the new antenna..
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
HQ player seems working very well. Any specific customization in it Divasson ?
I understood the trouble with Audirvana. If I do not open itunes and then start music from the NAS in itunes, then Audirvana has some freeze and drop outs constantly. When itunes is connected properly, Audirvana works fine. Seems strange no ?
Hello everybody,

In my intent to get the best music as I can, I am trying to read DSD file.
I bought Hi Res music on Quobuz but I am facing problem to read them with Audirvana and AIR. Nothing happened despite several minutes waiting for the buffer to be fulfilled.
I can use audirvana in Airplay, meaning the file can be read, but once I switch to Deviatet option in Audirvana preferences, the file doesn't play at all.
Any idea why ?
In my experience Devialet Air and Audirvana didn't play too nicely together. Not consistently anyway.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<