Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audirvana plug-ins, room correction, placement
I am not an audiofile, and my knowledge sound wise is mediocre at best, but I do know my way around software, I'm just a bit limited when it comes to sound. 
That said, have anyone tried VST3-plug-ins on Phantoms? For example the Soneq plug-in? 

Also, anyone know/use any kind of software and perhaps microphone for room correction, if yes, which software and hardware? It's a shame not to try and squeeze out all the juice you can get from these amazing speakers. 

The placement of the speakers, for example the distance from walls and corners are also difficult for me to figure out. 

Thanks in advance! Have a nice day Smile
(12-Jun-2020, 17:23)Jm93 Wrote: That said, have anyone tried VST3-plug-ins on Phantoms? For example the Soneq plug-in? 

Also, anyone know/use any kind of software and perhaps microphone for room correction, if yes, which software and hardware?

I use the ubiquitous MiniDSP Umik-1 together with the REW software for measurements.

I recommend the Voxengo CurveEQ VST plugin.  No messing with low/high pass filters or filters with frequency and Q values.  Simply draw a curve and then modify appropriate points to tweak.
It also unusually accepts csv files as input.  Export such files from REW and you can very closely match a measurement.
Also, each channel has the option of three curves which are cumulative.  Essentially, you can set curve 1 for the appropriate speaker EQ then add a specific house curve to curve 2 leaving curve 3 for any tweaks.
Thank you so much for your answer. Exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate it a lot. 

I will look more into this since I know very little to nothing about that type of software.

It takes time to learn all of this.