Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MacOS "Catalina" Update = Roon Can't See Devialet Expert
My iMac runs my copy of Roon.  I use it both to play music directly from the iMac when sitting in my office, as well as the server that provides streaming to my Devialet Expert 400 (which is in my living room).

Everything has been working flawlessly most of the time for the last 2 years (except for "bad wifi days"), but after updating my iMac to MacOS "Catalina", Roon (ver 1.7, build 505 stable) no longer sees my Expert.

FWIW, I tried reinstalling Devialet AIR, but it comes up with an error about being incompatible now because it's trying to write files to places Catalina won't allow.

Anyone have any similar experiences or suggestions?
Roon/AIR or the Devialet AIR virtual sound card?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(15-Dec-2019, 00:14)ogs Wrote: Roon/AIR or the Devialet AIR virtual sound card?

I think I was using Roon AIR before
I am not a MAC user so I may be wrong here. but this sounds as if a firewall or some other security function in Catalina is blocking the network access AIR needs to work. This thread at the Roon forum may help even though the versions of Roon and MacOS are older than your current setup: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/deviale...wall/32644
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(14-Dec-2019, 21:00)watchnerd Wrote: Anyone have any similar experiences or suggestions?

I have not had any problems with Roon with the Catalina update, although I only use Catalina Macs as Roon remotes, my core runs on a sonicTransporter.  That said I have had a couple of very frustrating problems with other programs, such as a video conferencing tool I use at work.  In these cases it turned out to be new privacy features in Catalina that were to blame.  Several OS-level privileges, such as access to files, I/O devices, ability to capture keyboard input etc. now require explicit granting in the Security Center (System Preferences/Security & Privacy/Privacy).  Page down through the list and check if Roon is waiting for permission from you.  It will appear in the list of apps needing a certain privilege, but the check box will be unchecked.  Just speculation on my part but worth a try..
I have not had an issue - I am however running RAAT, not ROON AIR.

That being said, you should open System Preferences on your Mac. Select Security and Privacy.

If you go to the Privacy Tab you will probably need to review settings for Full Disk Access, Files and Folders, and see if Roon or Roon AIR is listed.

I will be honest, I am flying blind as I only run the Roon Client on my MacBook Pro (using Catalina) and use RAAT, so it is not an issue for me. As someone else suggested, posting on the Roon Forum is probably your best bet for help. Include screenshots if you can.

p.s. I just saw that Struts posted something similar above.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Click System Preferences
Security
Click "General" (in the picture, Location has been selected, this is just an example)
Click the lock
Enter your admin password
Tick the ROON or whatever it is called
Click the lock again

This solved it for me

[Image: fy6qcev.png]
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
I am connecting to my Expert Pro via "Roon Ready" not Devialet Air... However I was not able to play any music until a couple of minutes ago and I guess, since the last update of my McBook Pro (Roon Core) to Catalina (Version 10.15.3)... Following Chris' advice, I had a look at the security features in my "System Preferences"...

1/ System Preferences
2/ Security & Privacy
3/ Files and Folders
4/ Clicked on or activated Roon

After this, I unplugged Router (FritzBox) and Expert... Plugged Router & Expert back in.

Roon is back :0)!

Benoît - Berlin, Germany
@watchnerd Is your issue resolved? I don't think anybody had a proper solution. I find myself unable to install AIR on OS Catalina.
I need it because Roon always says my D200 (audiodevice) is in use, therefore not playing.
Only medisin when that was a problem for me was to reconnect all cables , off/ on , remember also ethernet cables and switch if u have
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"