Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auralic Aries G1
[/quote]
But Auralic won‘t support the Femto in the near future, so I prefer to stay on the safe side.
[/quote]

What does this exactly mean? No more software updates? Are this big changes? The sound wil of course stay the same. Are you 100% sure the support will stop?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
But Auralic won‘t support the Femto in the near future, so I prefer to stay on the safe side.
[/quote]

What does this exactly mean? No more software updates? Are this big changes? The sound wil of course stay the same. Are you 100% sure the support will stop?

[/quote]

I apologise, I was a little hasty with my comment. My dealer told me, and you can check that on Audirvana's site, that the Femto is sold out, and if I'd buy his last piece of Femto, he wouldn't be able to get one. Therefore, I thought, software support for the Femto would be closed in the near future. But I don't know, I must admit.

Nevertheless, technology moves on, and I rather set my mind to something new.
SonicTransporter i5 - AirPort Extreme - Devialet Expert 120 - ATC SCM 19 v1
This might be of interest:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7bO1RHX3Lu...E0AN_I12tw
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(25-Apr-2019, 21:48)Confused Wrote: This might be of interest:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7bO1RHX3Lu...E0AN_I12tw

Thanks for the link! I‘m watching Darko‘s video over and over again just to convince myself to go for a G1. My local dealer is trying to find out about delivery times/availability. Looks like it takes quite some time to get them  Confused.
I tried the G1 last weekend at home. I really didn’t like it! In my set the sound was way to analatic and harsh. I was extreamly exausting to listen to. My own setup of Roon server on an iMac sounds les detailt but much more relaxed. The G1 is going back to the dealer.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(29-Apr-2019, 06:29)KraaijCheck Wrote: I tried the G1 last weekend at home. I really didn’t like it! In my set the sound was way to analatic and harsh. I was extreamly exausting to listen to. My own setup of Roon server on an iMac sounds les detailt but much more relaxed. The G1 is going back to the dealer.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Thanks for your impressions, much appreciated!

My interest in the G1 arose from the fact that I wanted to have a replacement for my Roon setup (formerly on a Nucleus, then Mac Min 2018). I started with the Auralic Aries Mini, that I liked immediately better than Roon (either on Nucleus/Mac mini). The Aries Femto that I have currently on a loan improved things even better. My thinking was that, based on raving reviews of the G1, the sound would improve still a bit when switching to the G1. 

So I take your advice and will for sure try out the G1 before making a final decision!
I recently dug out my Aurlic Aries and pluged this into the system,and wow what a revalation, so thumbs up for that.
Only problem i have is trying to get the Melco N1A dedicated ethernet out put to interface with the Auralic, if any body can help please do.
TOYS:- Devialet 400, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's, cabled throughout Chord Signature tuned aray. Intel I7 NUC Roon Rock/Tidal.
Mains supply, dedicated consumer unit, 5Kw balanced transformer,
. plenty of IFI accessories, Melco Ethernet cables, Townshend isolation throughout, All furutech mains cables.
Recently added. PS Audio PP5, Townshend Audio 5 tier Seismic table.SBooster psu for NUC,

(09-May-2019, 13:38)TheFactsOfLife Wrote: I recently dug out my Aurlic Aries and pluged this into the system,and wow what a revalation, so thumbs up for that.
Only problem i have is trying to get the Melco N1A dedicated ethernet out put to interface with the Auralic, if any body can help please do.

Good to see that Auralic is working its magic!

Can't help with your Melco N1A problem, though.
Just to update you all regarding my Auralic G1 project: I tried in vain to get a G1 demo model from the local dealers. None of them was able to get a a G1 in reasonable time, nor could they tell me when they‘d expect delivery of a new unit. The impression I got was that they weren’t really interested in getting these units. I was really frustrated and finally gave up completely!
A bit more than half a year, I sold my Aurender N100H. I still remember the smooth and detailed sound of the unit, so I called another dealer to see if I could get a demo unit. Sure enough, I had it in my home the same day! It only took me a few moments to get immersed again in the Aurender-typical sound and I told myself why going through the hassle of waiting for unavailable Auralic units. So I ordered an Aurender N100H equipped with a 4 TB HDD that arrived two days later. What a difference in dealer-client relationship! Auralic should definitely think of improving their dealer network. I don‘t blame the dealers as both told me that the distributor seemed to be unreliable.
In any case, I truly enjoy the smooth and detailed Aurender sound with my Devialet!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(31-May-2019, 08:23)Sailor4W Wrote: Just to update you all regarding my Auralic G1 project: I tried in vain to get a G1 demo model from the local dealers. None of them was able to get a a G1 in reasonable time, nor could they tell me when they‘d expect delivery of a new unit. The impression I got was that they weren’t really interested in getting these units. I was really frustrated and finally gave up completely!
A bit more than half a year, I sold my Aurender N100H. I still remember the smooth and detailed sound of the unit, so I called another dealer to see if I could get a demo unit. Sure enough, I had it in my home the same day! It only took me a few moments to get immersed again in the Aurender-typical sound and I told myself why going through the hassle of waiting for unavailable Auralic units. So I ordered an Aurender N100H equipped with a 4 TB HDD that arrived two days later. What a difference in dealer-client relationship! Auralic should definitely think of improving their dealer network. I don‘t blame the dealers as both told me that the distributor seemed to be unreliable.
In any case, I truly enjoy the smooth and detailed Aurender sound with my Devialet!

Congretulations. No regret you sold an aurender just half a year ago? Streaming woth Roon direct to the Devialet wasn’t an option for you?