Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auralic Aries Mini
Very interesting http://www.audiostream.com/content/auralic-ariesmini
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

Assuming the SQ of the Mini is close to the Aries (maybe a big assumption) then it looks like excellent value for money.  The lack of a display and remote are of little consequence as its possible to use the Lightning control app and there are USB, coax and Toslink outputs so plenty of choice. I guess it may be possible to add an external 3rd party linear PS if that proves to be an issue.

It seems that some 'audiophile' manufacturers are at last beginning to acknowledge that decent streaming functionality and performance can be delivered at a reasonable price Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
I have seen the Aurelic Mini today at the Highend in Munich.

The Aurelic Aires (LE) is a real streamer with no DAC an digital output, so perfect for the Devialets with their own integrated DAC.

The Auralic Mini is more than a real streamer - it has it´s own DAC (SABRE ES 9018K2M), but is without a femto clock (different to the Aries).

If I understand right, the Mini has analog RCA, but can I use it by it´s digital output without using his own SABRE DAC ?
(15-May-2015, 20:15)midi Wrote: I have seen the Aurelic Mini today at the Highend in Munich.

The Aurelic Aires (LE) is a real streamer with no DAC an digital output, so perfect for the Devialets with their own integrated DAC.

The Auralic Mini is more than a real streamer - it has it´s own DAC (SABRE ES 9018K2M), but is without a femto clock (different to the Aries).

If I understand right, the Mini has analog RCA, but can I use it by it'sdigital output without using his own SABRE DAC ?

Apparently it has USB, coax and Toslink digital outputs i.e. By-passing its DAC is possible
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Thanks, I havn´t found this information in the Aries Mini description.

Next problem for me is:

As I understand it´s possible to link the Aries Mini by USB with the D120 (living room), but if I want to integrate one Phantom (kitchen) too, this would be possible at most by an optical cable - this is no solution, because the distance is 8m.

I need I multiroom solution to integrate a D120 and one Phantom. It seems to me, that the only solution is a DILAOG...or has anybody other solutions ?

Thanks again !
(15-May-2015, 20:26)PhilP Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 20:15)midi Wrote: I have seen the Aurelic Mini today at the Highend in Munich.

If I understand right, the Mini has analog RCA, but can I use it by it'sdigital output without using his own SABRE DAC ?

Apparently it has USB, coax and Toslink digital outputs i.e. By-passing its DAC is possible

I asked the Aurelic guys about the by-passing. They told me by email that they will not bypass the DAC internally.
(17-May-2015, 10:39)midi Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 20:26)PhilP Wrote:

I asked the Aurelic guys about the by-passing. They told me by email that they will not bypass the DAC internally.

But if it is a digital out then how come it is not bypassing the internal DAC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
This is pulled from their Facebook page, make of it what you will regarding outputs.

Munich HIGHEND show, 14th May 2015 – AURALiC launches ARIES MINI, a new member of its lightning product line. ARIES MINI is a wireless streaming node designed for your existing audio system connection. It enables your home stereo with wireless high-resolution streaming capability at an affordable price. 

ARIES MINI shares all existing software and hardware functions of our original popular streaming bridge: ARIES, which launched last year on the HighEnd Munich show. In additional, ARIES MINI has a pair of high quality analog output powered by ESS Sabre DAC chip: ES9018K2M. The built-in storage slot accepts any 2.5-inch hard drive or solid-state drive, which can be used to build your personal music library.
ARIES MINI can stream high-resolution music extremely fast over WiFi signal at virtually any sampling rate, even for the latest Quad-Rate DSD and DXD. It is powered by AURALiC's proprietary Tesla hardware platform including a Quad-Core ARM Coretex-A9 processor running at 1GHz, 512MB DDR3 onboard memory and 4GB internal data storage. The Tesla platform has a calculation ability of 25,000 MIPS, more than enough to decode a vast spectrum of audio formats, including AAC, AIFF, ALAC, APE, DIFF, DSF, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WAV, WV and WMA.
‘We are trying to create something that is affordable for most music lover, not just audiophile,’ said Xuanqian Wang, the CEO of AURALiC. ‘ARIES MINI is exactly the right product for anyone who is eager to experience the wireless high-resolution streaming technology but don’t want to spend a lot of budget on a dedicate DSD DAC or a NAS drive. It is the real DSD streamer for everyone.’
Through Lightning DS, AURALiC’s control software, ARIES MINI can stream music stored on network attached storage, USB disk and optional internal storage. It also supports TIDAL, Qobuz and WiMP lossless streaming services. The other streaming sources are vTuner Internet Radio, AirPlay from Apple devices and Songcast for Windows and Mac system.
The input of ARIES MINI includes Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac dual-band WiFi, USB input and optional internal storage such as 2.5’ hard disk or solid-state drive. The outputs are USB audio that is compatible with DACs, which do not required drive to work on Mac system. The digital audio outputs include Coaxial and Toslink with maximum supported sampling rate up to 24Bit/192k. The single-ended analog output drive by internal DAC supports all sampling rate up to Quad-Rate DSD and DXD.
The dimension of ARIES MINI is 13.5*13.5*2.8cm (W*D*H), weight at about 800 grams depends on different internal storage options. It is available in two colours: white and black.
AURALiC and its Europe partners are accepting pre-order right now. The company will start shipping these pre-orders by the end of July in Europe first. The Retail price of ARIES MINI is EUR 459 or USD 399 in U.S.
Oracle Delphi MkVI Reference Second Generation - SME Series V - Lyra Delos 
   Expert 1000 Pro CI - Magico A3
Audioquest Niagara 3000
Nucleus+ - roon lifetime - Qobuz Sublime+
 x2 Matte Black Phantom I
You´re right, but this was the original answer. I don´t understand this.
The mini sounded like the DIALOG we should buy