Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Input Voltage 110 or 220V [Phantoms in US]
Can someone please confirm if Phantoms sold in the US can work across 110-220V or not? I heard conflicting responses from dealers in California as well from answers on Amazon. If someone has used a Phantom from US with a 220V supply w/o a voltage convertor, that would provide 100% validation Smile

Thank you!
(09-Nov-2017, 18:07)screwgauge Wrote: Can someone please confirm if Phantoms sold in the US can work across 110-220V or not? I heard conflicting responses from dealers in California as well from answers on Amazon. If someone has used a Phantom from US with a 220V supply w/o a voltage convertor, that would provide 100% validation Smile

Thank you!

According to the Specs on the Devialet website all Phantoms work with IEC 90-240 V~50/60Hz. So, I would not see any reason why there should exist a special US version that has a different more limited specification.
see bottom of this page: https://www.devialet.com/en-eu/phantom-speaker
I have personally used my Australian purchased Phantom in the USA and South America (where most countries follow the USA spec and port). It works perfectly. No issues. It regulates accordingly. To any power range. Worldwide.

Devialet support informed me that using Phantom in a country where it isn’t sold could cause unknown results cause they haven’t been able to test the power efficiency in those countries. Like how stable the power flow is to the device across the whole line. So there may be more white noise from Phantom depending on if the line is stable. The amplifiers require a completely stable power delivery. I was told this won’t hurt Phantom and won’t blow it up or anything. It may just have a ‘interference’ of some sort in the form of a white noise that already exists on all Phantoms currently. It will just be more noticeable if the line is bad.

In saying that. I used mine in Colombia, South America for many many many months where they push 110 on a USA plug and had NO issues as Phantom is designed to handle all power ranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Thank you both. That's good news. I had read the spec sheet on the website and was reasonably confident, but the response from the Devialet dealer in Mountain View, California confused me. Then there were some conflicting reviews on Amazon and the last thing I wanted was an external voltage convertor feeding power to the phantoms!

Thanks again.