Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio (live)
Bluesound updated its BluOS recently and allows one to add live radio station to its Tunein app. I have since added BBC/UK, US, Singapore, China and Malaysia radios. It gives me an idea how radio will work in Roon in the next release. Looking forward to Roon 1.2 now.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Roon's radio sounded like its going to be very primitive to me (at launch anyway).

Their announcement that radio will allegedly consist of copying/pasting streaming URLs into a box was very disappointing, as I was expecting bigger and greater things from them - like at least some sort of improved TuneIn style radio - especially since they've been discussing it pretty much since Roon was launched. I guess other features ended up taking priority or they found it harder to implement than they thought initially. But I'll reserve judgement until it comes out of course.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Well, I agreed with you on this, too. Hopefully, Roon can implement something similar to Tunein or vTuner. But, enabling URL input and saved as favorite radio channels, initially, is acceptable to me.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier