Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurender N100 or Melco N1A
On another note, i started to copy my Music onto my WD Passport late last night. Estimate of 49 hours!! That was before I accidently removed it and had to start all over again after 11 hours.
Use the lap top for work so its difficult to do this whilst working too.....another compelling reason to get it out of the chain ;-)
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(20-Oct-2015, 11:42)Womaz Wrote:
(20-Oct-2015, 11:14)octaviars Wrote:
(20-Oct-2015, 06:54)Womaz Wrote: OK I have woke up this morning worrying about those dropouts. Tended to be at the beginning of the track and music went off for a couple of seconds............further questions need to be asked I think.
Lad thought it could be a conflict between Minimserver and the music I copied onto the Melco hard drive. should not be dropouts when using USB surely? It looked like it was the app.
Hopefully only a minor glitch.
Any Melco users out there what app do you use? Lumin has been recommended, I also downloaded Audionet MM, but had a few issues with that, and not that visually appealing.

Have you tried Bubble UPnP app? I use it on Android now with my Aries and I have Mininserver on my NAS, works flawless.

I will look at this option, but I am tending to go with my dealer here as he uses the Lumin app.
He is in contact with Melco and awaiting their response.
I have to admit this is one of the fears I had about Melco not having a dedicated app. Even if we get it to work now, who is to say a future app update changes all that. I really want to get this sorted but there always seems to be something that crops up.
The lad i deal with will help me with this as he has always guided me in the right direction.

Ok, Lumin App is not available on Android so I can not try it. I think I will stick with Bubble for now.

I am looking at the Melco aswell but I will wait for you to try it some more to see what you think of it.

I have my Aries connected with USB but I am going to test the AES/EBU output instead to see if it is better if it is the Aries will maybe stay for a longer period.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Why are you looking to change the Aries? I did look at the Aries too, but in the end I narrowed it down to one that could store my music too.
i think the Lightning DS app used to work with the Melco until the last update. Then it just stopped working. As i keep saying this is my worry about not having a dedicated app. SQ is the most important factor but ease of use is also very important.

I sometimes think i need to be retired to have the time to sort this out ;-)
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(20-Oct-2015, 12:02)Womaz Wrote: Why are you looking to change the Aries? I did look at the Aries too, but in the end I narrowed it down to one that could store my music too.
i think the Lightning DS app used to work with the Melco until the last update. Then it just stopped working. As i keep saying this is my worry about not having a dedicated app. SQ is the most important factor but ease of use is also very important.

I want something better than the Aries but the main thing was that Auralic stoped developing the Android app, but I tried the Bubble app and it works ok so this might change my mind.
Right now I think I will wait for streamers/nas or some sort of combination that runs ROON (like the ELAC Discovery) and see what this will look like and sound of course. The only thing I dont want to have is a computer to play my music. If AIR worked ok all the time maybe a NUC with ROON could work but I want it to be simple to play music the Aries is ready to play in seconds and I only need a app on my tablet to control it.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(20-Oct-2015, 12:18)octaviars Wrote:
(20-Oct-2015, 12:02)Womaz Wrote: Why are you looking to change the Aries? I did look at the Aries too, but in the end I narrowed it down to one that could store my music too.

I want something better than the Aries but the main thing was that Auralic stoped developing the Android app, but I tried the Bubble app and it works ok so this might change my mind.
Right now I think I will wait for streamers/nas or some sort of combination that runs ROON (like the ELAC Discovery) and see what this will look like and sound of course. The only thing I dont want to have is a computer to play my music. If AIR worked ok all the time maybe a NUC with ROON could work but I want it to be simple to play music the Aries is ready to play in seconds and I only need a app on my tablet to control it.

Yes I would like the PC out of the chain too.