Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurender N100H
Anyone using the Aurender N100H with their Devialet integrated?

How's the sound and how robust/reliable is the Conductor Control App via an iPad?

http://www.aurender.com/page/n100h
I had one on demo. It sounded great. I hear from a few dealers the X100 is a bit better.
Their App was OK. Pretty stable but IMO a bit dated looking and a few weirdnesses as with all custom software.

As a piece of hardware it's rock solid and beautifully made, but Its also expensive and heavily marked-up in the UK compared to the U.S.  On balance I decided not to buy one and wait and see how things like Roon shake up the market.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Yes I have one and think it is fantastic, I asked my dealer about the X100, he recommended me to go for the N100h.

I have been using a PC with Jplay, I find the Aurender better in every way, the only tweake besides Jplay was a Regen to the PC.

There is a fantastic naturalness to the sound and I believe that even bad recorded records sounds good.

I more or less only use Tidal, and it works great with the Aurender app, but it does look a little dated.

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
I wonder about Roon integration with Aurender. They seem to be not only collaborating with Tidal but also with MQA.
I wonder about sound quality connected to an Expert via USB vs SPDIF or AES/EBU. The N10 (which is more than 2X price wise) has all these outputs. Did anyone hear these on a Devialet?
(06-Jan-2016, 23:39)Music or sound Wrote: I wonder about Roon integration with Aurender. They seem to be not only collaborating with Tidal but also with MQA.
I wonder about sound quality connected to an Expert via USB vs SPDIF or AES/EBU. The N10 (which is more than 2X price wise) has all these outputs. Did anyone hear these on a Devialet?

I bought an Aurender N100H last spring. I was tired to deal with Devialet Air. I never regreted it. No more computer, better sound, more analog, more relax. Tidal integration, MQA and Roon very soon. The Aurender N100H with a Devialet 250 is a perfect match for me. Trust me, you won't go back. The Aurender needs a 100 hours break in period to show his full potential.
Devialet 800. Dynaudio Focus 340. Transparent MusicWave Super speaker cable. Rega P3 turntable. Naim NAT05 XS with Flatcap XS.
Yes, once you acquire Aurender N100H, it may be difficult let it go.

I do think the N100H does need some time to burn it or either I was tweaking with the right combination of power cord and USB cable/s to make it sound natural.

The app is pretty stable with Tidal integration which is one reason that I opted for Aurender.
440 Pro, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 Digital cable, Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner, Plixir The Statement Balanced Power Cord
Rega RP10, Melco N1-S38, Melco S100 Audiophile Dataswitch, ADOT MC01, Diva Audio & 7N-4030 Leggenda Power Cords, Plixir BDC LPS, Habst Ultra III USB cable, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 AES/EBU cable, Mutec REF 10, Habst Digital BNC cable
Vivid Giya G4, Acrolink 7N-S1400 Leggenda Speaker cables
PSI AVAA C20 Active Bass Trap
bFly-audio Master, Cube, b.Disc Absorbers
Artnovion Andrea Absorbers
Hi Sharone

Have you tried to remove the Regen?

I used to have one but I sold it, in my system the Aurender sounds more relaxed without it, with the Regen it is like all details are thrown in your face, it can be impressing, however, without it I think it sounds more "right" all the details are still there but it is like it is not trying so hard, everything is just in its right place (almost like there is more depth in the sound)

I was surprised by my finding because when I used a PC it was much better with the Regen.

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(08-Jan-2016, 19:09)Morten Wrote: Hi Sharone

Have you tried to remove the Regen?

I used to have one but I sold it, in my system the Aurender sounds more relaxed without it, with the Regen it is like all details are thrown in your face, it can be impressing, however, without it I think it sounds more "right" all the details are still there but it is like it is not trying so hard, everything is just in its right place (almost like there is more depth in the sound)

I was surprised by my finding because when I used a PC it was much better with the Regen.

Kind regards Morten

Hi Morten,

I was having my N100H setup without the Regen USB for a few months until close to one month back. I received Regen and the Curious USB Regen Link around the same time, so they are plugged in together. I did not spent time using the hard adapter between the Regen and Devialet. I am not sure whether this resulted in your 'in your face' findings. With the Regen and Curious USB Link, I find more details and yet remain natural (real).

I was tweaking with the Devialet firmware and also the Linear Power Supply for Regen (Many folks in Computer Audiophile found it beneficial) a few weeks back. However, I do not feel comfortable with the music as it does not feel natural to me. Currently I am getting use and comfortable with the setup right now.

Nevertheless, it is good to check without Regen and what is the impact to the system. Sometimes we need to take a step back. Smile
I will try if there is peaceful time available.
440 Pro, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 Digital cable, Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner, Plixir The Statement Balanced Power Cord
Rega RP10, Melco N1-S38, Melco S100 Audiophile Dataswitch, ADOT MC01, Diva Audio & 7N-4030 Leggenda Power Cords, Plixir BDC LPS, Habst Ultra III USB cable, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 AES/EBU cable, Mutec REF 10, Habst Digital BNC cable
Vivid Giya G4, Acrolink 7N-S1400 Leggenda Speaker cables
PSI AVAA C20 Active Bass Trap
bFly-audio Master, Cube, b.Disc Absorbers
Artnovion Andrea Absorbers