Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurilac and Phantom
I got tired of waiting for Tidal integration on Spark and purchased the Aurilac aries, on first listen it is a huge improvement across the board.
it has full NAS integration, Airplay, Tidal and Songcast as well as direct USB stick and drive capability.
all work flawlessly (hello Spark)
Not only that but sound is vastly improved over my Macbook pro, it has smoothed out the annoying mid range and now it is a joy to listen to. Fuller more body and analog presentation.
Well worth the 999 so much so that I may upgrade to the pro level Aries.
Great post and good to hear your observations. I always wondered what the difference was between the £1499 model and the £999
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Hello I am also from Newcastle! Now living in the USA.
I have not yet tried the pro version but it has a linear power supply ( less noise) and dual femto clocks for output channels - so possibly smoother and more detailed?
Best
A fellow Geordie........good to hear that.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
My friend just bought an Aries (pro version) hooking up to his D200. I will go listening to it and hear how good it sounds.

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Is the Auralic connected to the Phantom using optical?
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Yes, that's the only way.
Listened to Tidal stream last night, sounds outstanding
I'm happy that you like your new piece of equipment but in my case I would have waited for Tidal's Spark implementation on the 27th.
I am using the Aurilac not only for Tidal, but the ability to use flash drives and NAS compatibility - and it all sounds better than without Aurilac to a huge degree.
I think it is fairly well accepted that the Aurilac Aries betters PC's , Macbooks and dedicated CAPS servers in sound output and I have to agree.
I think it will take some time given present progress that Spark/Dialog will come up to this level if and when it does I will be very happy to move on and sell the Aurilac.
On another note I was starting to regret the purchase of the Phantoms, buggy software and a disturbing midtone dissonance. My wife certainly was uncomfortable and wanted the Quad ESL's back. All of this changed after I inserted the Aurilac into the chain, she was first to comment on the difference ( she had no idea I had the Aurilac) on how sweet and rich the speakers sounded.
So I can now say with confidence that the Phantoms are indeed an incredible tour de force and well worth the money and the software development cycle.
We all need to stay on Devialet and push them to have Spark/Dialog at the same level of technical execution as the Phantom's
(08-Apr-2015, 15:07)davidadamson Wrote: I am using the Aurilac not only for Tidal, but the ability to use flash drives and NAS compatibility - and it all sounds better than without Aurilac to a huge degree.
I think it is fairly well accepted that the Aurilac Aries betters PC's , Macbooks and dedicated CAPS servers in sound output and I have to agree.
I think it will take some time given present progress that Spark/Dialog will come up to this level if and when it does I will be very happy to move on and sell the Aurilac.
On another note I was starting to regret the purchase of the Phantoms, buggy software and a disturbing midtone dissonance. My wife certainly was uncomfortable and wanted the Quad ESL's back. All of this changed after I inserted the Aurilac into the chain, she was first to comment on the difference ( she had no idea I had the Aurilac) on how sweet and rich the speakers sounded.
So I can now say with confidence that the Phantoms are indeed an incredible tour de force and well worth the money and the software development cycle.
We all need to stay on Devialet and push them to have Spark/Dialog at the same level of technical execution as the Phantom's

Pardon my newness but is Auralic used with or instead of the Dialog? Also since I want to go minimal components on my move to dual Silver Phantoms can the DAC be minimized or does Auralic have an "all-in-one" DAC/Stream enclosure? This move was initially planned to eliminate Preamp, dual mono blocks and a myriad of power cables, interconnects etc and now seems to be suffering mission creep, ie; similar enclosure-count.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!