Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurilac and Phantom
Hello, the Aurilac Aries is not a DAC rather it is a streamer, it aggregates all of your music from NAS, HD, Flash drives, internet radio and Tidal, Deezer, Quboz accounts. as well as allowing DSD streams ( not on Phantom) it then reclocks the signal and serves it up via optical cable to the DAC in your Phantom.
The Dialog/Spark is still necessary to complete the stereo link between two phantoms.
I was very much like you in wanting a minimal system with as few wires as possible and possibly Spark/Dialog will get there one day.
However I am not prepared to wait, therefore, the Aurilac Airies was added, it is about the size of a softback book one power connection and optical cable to Phantom, so not too bad in terms of mission creep and if Spark /Dialog reaches its potential then Aurilac can be easily sold.
(08-Apr-2015, 18:06)davidadamson Wrote: Hello, the Aurilac Aries is not a DAC rather it is a streamer, it aggregates all of your music from NAS, HD, Flash drives, internet radio and Tidal, Deezer, Quboz accounts. as well as allowing DSD streams ( not on Phantom) it then reclocks the signal and serves it up via optical cable to the DAC in your Phantom.
The Dialog/Spark is still necessary to complete the stereo link between two phantoms.
I was very much like you in wanting a minimal system with as few wires as possible and possibly Spark/Dialog will get there one day.
However I am not prepared to wait, therefore, the Aurilac Airies was added, it is about the size of a softback book one power connection and optical cable to Phantom, so not too bad in terms of mission creep and if Spark /Dialog reaches its potential then Aurilac can be easily sold.

Thanks for the explanation and that's about what I expected. Given that I'll remain content streaming from my reclocked 96 kHz Sonos Connect although I wish the Dialog had a coax inlet instead of Toslink <sigh> if wishes were fishes...
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(08-Apr-2015, 18:06)davidadamson Wrote: Hello, the Aurilac Aries is not a DAC rather it is a streamer, it aggregates all of your music from NAS, HD, Flash drives, internet radio and Tidal, Deezer, Quboz accounts. as well as allowing DSD streams ( not on Phantom) it then reclocks the signal and serves it up via optical cable to the DAC in your Phantom.

Hi, davidadamson

Do you use the Aries to stream to a pair of Phantoms?

If yes, do you have it like this:

Aries>optical out>Dialog>Phantom pair
Intriguing. Thanks for sharing.

A few questions if I may.

Can I connect my laptop to the Auralic via my laptops USB output?

And then the Auralic take ALL the audio form my laptop and output it to the Phantom?  i.e. Youtube videos, Skype calls, Spotify etc - and then output them via optical to the Phantom dialog?

Finally,  I am curious how is it that it made your Phantom sound better.  I thought something like the Auralic simply aggregates all the audio sources and send it out via optical?  Does it actually change the audio quality somehow?  Curious.

Thanks,
MtnGuy
Out of the country until September, after recent software updates however Aurilac did not seem that much better than before so will reconsider when I return

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk