Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australian phantom users?
(24-Sep-2015, 14:09)DSD Wrote: Ohms law I = V/R - 3000 / 240 = 12.5 amps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not true, you cannot work it out like this and your calculation is flawed, it will not draw 3000w from the mains and will not produce 3000w constantly anyway, otherwise the Phantom would make an efficient room heater. The mains voltage is transformed via s SMPS down to a DC voltage (maybe 60v, we don't know for sure) which powers the various amplifiers in the unit. We also do not know the impedence of the drive units to successfully calculate current draw from the power supply. The quoted power output of the Phantom is not 3000w constant RMS, more like a Music power rating split over the bass, middle and treble amplifiers. Those with Silvers should not think you have a fully rated 3000w amplifier inside.
Follow up note: they should be 10A plugs and will be from now on. The Australian distributor has been in touch (on their own initiative) to replace the existing plugs.

They also replaced my dialog for me when I broke the little flap on the toslink connector, without any fuss or hassle. We're getting really good service from the Devialet reps down here!
Hi sleach. Glad they contacted you, too.

Interdyn (Australian distributor) has been in touch with me also and, am due to receive 10Amp official yellow cables when they arrive in Australia. While I wait I have bought run of the mill black power cables (10Amp IEC from Bunnings and Dick Smiths). I am not expecting the cables to improve the sound quality but they would fit and look nicely than my current cables.

Am also, like sleach, pleased with how everything is going thus far with my purchase
I bought a 10 amp to 15 amp converter from Bunnings to get mine going, was an expensive work around at 123 bucks but it includes a 10amp breaker so i was happy to try it out and see if the phantom exceeded the 10amps.

I ran it at close to maximum volume for a couple of hours without tripping the breaker.
Thanks guys for clarifying it God knows what I was thinking when I divided 3000 by 240 must have been in kettle mode duh, yea yea yea the current drawn is nowhere near what I said and I used to work in electronics my dad would be turning in his grave I'll get my coat and go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk