Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto-off/sleep mode after x minutes
Hi guys, I have an Expert 200 and wonder what setting you have in terms of automatically sleep/hibernate mode. The default is 30 min if I remember correctly, but is there any disadvantage of making that an hour or two? I am asking with regards to heat primarily.

Thanks!

Sti
Depends if you have DPM on or off. On my 250 Pro I disabled Sleep Mode all together and set Low Power Delay to 20 minutes with DPM enabled. I usually turned DPM off for a listening session and on again afterwards (if I remembered it Smile ). Temperature was a bit lower with DPM..
It would be no problem setting Sleep Mode to more than 30 minutes on your 200, especially with DPM enabled, but even without it should work well. I had my 250 hung on a wall which improved cooling. If your 200 has less than optimal cooling a combination of Low Power and sleep may be a good idea.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Hey man,

Thanks for the quick reply! Until now I wasn't aware of DPM, but I have done some research and I understand people have different opinions on how much of a difference it makes. So on my setup it has been on, and i tried briefly today toggling on and off, not hearing any difference on low level volume - then again my ears aren't what they used to be.

As far as I can see, my low power delay is set at 5 minutes, and the sleep delay set at 30 minutes. I would really like the latter to be like two hours or more, but I am not sure if that would make an issue with the heat? Do you recommend increasing the low power delay too?

My unit is standing alone on the TV-bench, so i don't think cooling should be a problem, beyond having a hot apartment on summer days. As for playback it is mostly vinyl, or USB connected to a media center where i listen to music and stream movies/Tv-shows.

Thanks again!

Stian
Yes, there are differing opinions on DPM. If you don't hear any difference, keep it on. If you use low power you can safely set sleep to max. I think 240 minutes is max delay for sleep. 5 minutes for low power may be too short - depends on your listening habits. I set it to 20 minutes as I often waited a little while after an album was finished before I started a new one. Heat was never a problem. My amp was basically on from I bought it in 2012 till I sold it in 2020 (minus holidays and trips to Paris for upgrades..)
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I don't use DPM and have my Expert Pro 1000 in an open sided but fairly height restricted cabinet with the 2 amps stacked on top of each other with feet in between. I have sleep set to 1 hour and have no heat issues at all so I don't think you have anything to worry about on that front.
Thanks a lot for the response guys, will alter my settings for more convenience Smile !