Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
220 Pro Volume number shown in Red color and muted
(16-May-2021, 11:28)ogs Wrote: I suggest connecting optical and coax from the N31 in addition to AES and check if the same thing happens on those inputs.
Does a reboot of the Devialet and/or N31 (cold restart, disconnect AC cable) change anything? Does the same track sound louder from the N31 than Roon?

Thanks ogs, I will pass on those questions. It’s a remote friend… thanks again.
Found out it was caused by one of the speaker cable from another amp touches the GT1 terminal…. Lol.

Removed the cable away fixed the problem.

Thanks everyone
Wow! Your friend should be glad the amp didn't burn! Good proof that Devialet has high quality protection in the amps. In the 'old' days protection on this level could seriously interfere with sound quality. That is obviously not the case with Expert amps.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
If the bass sensitivity of the speakers is on the low side, increasing the volume to acceptable levels can well cause the amp to overload

I realised a while ago that full range speakers that offered a response of -6db at 40Hz was never going to be adequate for me, so I fitted a sub-woofer. Using the Configurator, the full range speakers are set to fall off at 48db/octave below 120Hz and the sub gets the signal below 120Hz

It took a bit of fiddling with levels and positioning of the sub to get it right, but your experience was one I was definitely wanting to avoid

When amplifiers start to clip (and I presume Devialet does as well) a lot more distortion is produced which can damage speakers, especially tweeters
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ML Electromotion, REL sub.  2 x Dachshunds
Devialet has soft clipping functionality, so no damage to speakers should happen.

But, some people did report issues in combination with SAM.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7