Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass response broken - Phantom Gold - Dunkirk 4K UltraHD
I recently bought a 4K Ultra HD Bluray of Dunkirk and ran it through my LG OLED TV connected to the Panasonic 4k player and optically connected to my Phantom Gold.

I was originally watching it late at night with the Airpods Max and some of the bombing scenes from the enemy planes there was instances where the bass seemed to go so low that it sounded broken.

I then replayed the same scene with the Gold Phantom and it was the same, part of the "boom" sounded like the speaker reached its lower sonic limits and sound broken.

Has anybody experienced this or is it supposed to sound like this? I thought the Golds are rated to 14Hz which is super low frequency already.
I think it actually sounded like that in the theatre too. I think it’s what Christopher Nolan was going for.
Invert the sound

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
(31-Dec-2020, 13:56)gonsped Wrote: I recently bought a 4K Ultra HD Bluray of Dunkirk and ran it through my LG OLED TV connected to the Panasonic 4k player and optically connected to my Phantom Gold.

I was originally watching it late at night with the Airpods Max and some of the bombing scenes from the enemy planes there was instances where the bass seemed to go so low that it sounded broken.

I then replayed the same scene with the Gold Phantom and it was the same, part of the "boom" sounded like the speaker reached its lower sonic limits and sound broken.

Has anybody experienced this or is it supposed to sound like this? I thought the Golds are rated to 14Hz which is super low frequency already.

Hey,

Based on my experience The Phantom Golds are able to play down to 14hz up to a certain volume before cutting it off, but instead of cutting it off, it has this pretty bad distortion kinda like another note playing, harmonic distortion I guess? 

here is a video 
credit goes to MMA673: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJMsUCNwjKw
if you listen with headphones you hear this weird noise when it plays the very low notes. you can check other Devialet Phantom (all premier models) videos playing Bass I Love You.
The only way possible to stop this is to turn on night mode which gives the phantom a proper high pass filter on the subs but personally, I think night mode cuts too much low bass.
Seems to me that all the premier models have this distortion Smile.