Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best CD Player for using D200 DAC?
Hi guys,

I was wondering which CD Player would be best to use with with the D200 DAC?

I currently have a cheap Denon CD Player DCD510AE, which I would like to upgrade. When I look for good CD players they come with integrated DACs driving the price up significantly. CD Players with intgrated DACs are useless for me given that the D200 DAC does suffice for me.

Ideally, there is a good cd player with AES output.

any advice?

I was thinking about buying an Oppo but given the rise of 4k, I do not want to buy one today.
(20-Feb-2016, 13:38)k1282 Wrote: Hi guys,

I was wondering which CD Player would be best to use with with the D200 DAC?

I currently have a cheap Denon CD Player DCD510AE, which I would like to upgrade. When I look for good CD players they come with integrated DACs driving the price up significantly. CD Players with intgrated DACs are useless for me given that the D200 DAC does suffice for me.

Ideally, there is a good cd player with AES output.

any advice?

I was thinking about buying an Oppo but given the rise of 4k, I do not want to buy one today.

If I were in the market for a pure CD transport Metronome would be my first port of call:

http://www.metronome-technologie.com/en/...gy.f3.html

Not cheap but you asked for the best...

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Or something a bit cheaper, but does have AES/EBU output.....

http://www.box-designs.com/main.php?prod...ne&lang=en

(Actually, quite a lot cheaper than a Metronome)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Some of the Roksan range also have AES/EBU

http://www.roksan.co.uk/caspian-m2-cd-player.html
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Mission and Musical Fidelity make some good CD transports. Krell also if you have the money. :-)
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
I used to use the Musical Fidelity M1CD transport and it worked well with the Devialet. I got rid of it as it wasn't as good as AIR sound quality in my opinion. Can't remember if it had AES/EBU
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Moon 260CD transport. (+ AES/EBU)
Love it, and not an acceptional high pricetag.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
That Pro-ject looks like a great deal for the price -- like their turntables.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(20-Feb-2016, 23:01)AaronG Wrote: That Pro-ject looks like a great deal for the price -- like their turntables.

+1

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
(20-Feb-2016, 21:17)KraaijCheck Wrote: Moon 260CD transport. (+ AES/EBU)
Love it, and not an acceptional high pricetag.

I would go with Moon also. Really good quality..