Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What HiFi today: new Vinyl?
From What HiFi today; interesting:

Günther Loibl, founder and CEO of Austrian start-up Rebeat Innovation, told Pitchfork his company has received $4.8m (£3.4m) to develop the patent it filed in 2016. The patent describes a method of manufacturing vinyl records with greater fidelity, greater amplitude and longer playing times than conventional LPs.
$600k of the capital has already gone on a laser assembly to create 'stampers' (which create the grooves in vinyl discs) made from 3D topographic maps of digital audio files. This method, in theory at least, means records can be manufactured with greater precision and less loss of information - and without using many of the chemicals the traditional process involves.
The result ought to be a record with as much as 30 per cent more playing time, 30 per cent greater signal strength and greater fidelity than is currently usual. All from a disc that's compatible with existing turntable set-ups.
Loibl intends to present some test stampers at Detroit's Making Vinyl conference in October this year. "It will take another eight months to do all the fine adjustments. So by summer 2019 we shall see the first HD vinyl in stores."
We find we're rather impatient all of a sudden.

Read more at https://www.whathifi.com/news/high-defin...RryOSwT.99

I own about 80 MFSL records (mostly original bought in the '80s) and those records sound super good. (Digitized 192-24). Always cleaned with my Okki Nokki cleaning machine of course; what will the future bring? So HD vinyl.
The Devialet cd's are also beautiful: I was amazed by a Dutch library: brand new and in stock but stil no match for the turntable. My libraries are also lending SACD's by large quantities, super good and for free. We still keep Dutch... Oké, oké: the balanced connection between the Oppo and the Devialet is a MCGold VandenHul 7 meters long connection...........
Also CBS records made Half Speed Mastered records and especially the low-frequencies are very clean and the mid-range clean and sounds undistorted. And they are cheap. What HD vinyl will cost I don't know yet. Anybody?
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz