Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best EQ settings via ROON
(08-Feb-2021, 07:14)KarlMarx Wrote: proper equalization should be done taking into account the room acoustics, no two settings are alike and actually can differ significantly, so unless you have a room acoustics analyzer and show its correction parameters, most eq settings sharing is useless.

Word! Sorry, I concur!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(06-Feb-2021, 10:56)Vandema Wrote: Hi

I have with the latest update joined ROON. In this matter I have been playing with the DSP and Parametric eq. In my opinion it is a huge difference. 

Anyone else ?

So, would u pls share your settings with details? tks a lot!
(10-May-2021, 14:34)Gamma Wrote: So, would u pls share your settings with details? tks a lot!

I think it depends on your room configuration. You must calibrate yourself.
For I am no Roon user yet.......excuse me for a no-know question....
I am tempted to buy 2 Phantoms 1. They blew me away when first hearing them listening to music I myself play.
I am a little worried for the room and the placing-options I will have accompanied by the massive bass produced by the lot.

So I can use Roon and I will be able to set some parameters to the likening of my own listening (no DIRAC or something like that)?
I am also a Tidal user and that's why I also have to buy a Roon license to keep using Tidal I presume. OK for me if I get a bonus to play with the parameters and filters of the equalizer. It also takes away the worries for a rumbling bass out of the corner a bit.
Hi! Forgive for my ignorance in HQPlayer setup. I am new to the app. How did you enable the parametric EQ in Roon?