Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Set-up
Hello

Having just bought an Expert Pro 220 I am using it with a Naim streamer (Uniti) via NAS storage. It doesn't seeem ideal to me as the Uniti is obviously converting the digital feed via its DAC to analogue which the 220 is then digitising again to output as analogue to the speakers.
Unfortunately the Uniti has no digital output.  Is there a simpler and better way to do this as the 220 knocks spots off my Naim but I feel I may be able to get better if I could reconfigure somehow. (As you can tell, I'm no expert on this!)
Hi Jon, welcome to the forum.

First to say that you are correct, feeding the Devialet via an analogue output from your Naim is not an optimum solution. The Devialet will take the analogue input and convert it to 24 Bit digital, so you end up doing the digital to analogue conversion twice.

For a comparison, I suggest that you try Devialet AIR. This performs at a very high level of sound quality on the Pro. So, do you have a laptop, PC, Mac or similar that you can use to try AIR? As another option, if you happen to have a machine capable of running Roon, you could try the Roon free trial. Roon has an integrated version of AIR. Some suspect this sounds a touch better than “standard” AIR, and it is very stable.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Confused beat me to it! Good advice from him too Smile

What server software are you using? UPnP? If your 220 has the CI board installed you can stream UPnP directly to it. If the CI is not installed you should get it done. It should be free for a 220 Pro.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB