Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Tidal streamer?
(20-Dec-2015, 11:29)octaviars Wrote: If and when Devialet supports UPnP this is a rumor right now so I dont beleive it before I see it the Devialet becomes a render in the network and if you have a app on your tablet that supports Tidal this can stream directly to the amp.

I have a Auralic Aries right now but if I can stream directly from Bubble UPnP app on my tablet (bubble supports Tidal and Qobuz) to my D400 I will try it to see if this is a better sounding solution.

Thanks for answer. 

Maybe its me. But i ofcourse want to minimise the "streaming ". I dont want the ipad to be the player so that it is sending sound over wifi to a player that is also on wifi.

My dream scenario Would be that the D200 had an internal TIdal support, and then i Would hook it up with and Ethernet cable. So minimum of streaming. Is that a wrong thought ?
(20-Dec-2015, 11:45)TDA Wrote:
(20-Dec-2015, 11:29)octaviars Wrote: If and when Devialet supports UPnP this is a rumor right now so I dont beleive it before I see it the Devialet becomes a render in the network and if you have a app on your tablet that supports Tidal this can stream directly to the amp.

I have a Auralic Aries right now but if I can stream directly from Bubble UPnP app on my tablet (bubble supports Tidal and Qobuz) to my D400 I will try it to see if this is a better sounding solution.

Thanks for answer

Maybe its me. But i ofcourse want to minimise the "streaming ". I dont want the ipad to be the player so that it is sending sound over wifi to a player that is also on wifi.

My dream scenario Would be that the D200 had an internal TIdal support, and then i Would hook it up with and Ethernet cable. So minimum of streaming. Is that a wrong thought ?

---------
Sorry for inserting my reply in the middle of your text. I've edited the the text now.

Maybe your thoughts are called Dialog. You would have to be patient though.

A year ago I upgraded from Mac Mini to Aurender N100. A world of difference!
The distributor told me he has an Aurender beta software with support for Qobuz and for internet radio.
Devialet 250, PS Audio Transport - PS Audio P5 - Aurender N100H- Thorens TD160MkII - Restek MTUN+, Eternal Arts TTP, TAD ME1
(20-Dec-2015, 12:12)PeterS Wrote:

Thanks for answer

---------
Sorry for inserting my reply in the middle of your text. I've edited the the text now.

Maybe your thoughts are called Dialog. You would have to be patient though.

A year ago I upgraded from Mac Mini to Aurender N100. A world of difference!
The distributor told me he has an Aurender beta software with support for Qobuz and for internet radio.

No problem. I Would like to go the aurender Way but it is ofcourse also a costly Way. And if there is a software upgrade on the way which would make Tidal possible on the D200 i Would ofcourse prefer that

Is i dialog really nessasary for Tidal use? Naim offers native streaming now of Tidal. So i thought that Devialet Would go that Way also
Hallo, and welcome.

I also have a Aurender N100H, before I used a PC with Jplay, and Tidal via Bubble DS, the Aurender is in a different league both sonically and the way it is controlled.

But only try it if you are prepared to bye it :-)

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(20-Dec-2015, 13:19)Morten Wrote: Hallo, and welcome.

I also have a Aurender N100H, before I used a PC with Jplay, and Tidal via Bubble DS, the Aurender is in a different league both sonically and the way it is controlled.

But only try it if you are prepared to bye it :-)

Kind regards Morten

Well i must then look into this. In our small country there is only one dealer right?  Undecided

Thanks for answer. 

No of course not, I havent really thougt about UPnP that way. As you are saying the player is were the app is and the output is the render. I have my Aries connected with a ethernet cable so it is only wifi to the tablet. To bad Auralic has a crapy Android app but their iOS is supposed to be good.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I also liked the Aurender N100 with Tidal but I found it a little brash and there was an issue with drop-outs.

Qobuz/iMac AIR sounds better to me than Aurender/Tidal...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
I dont have the possibility to play from a pc or Mac. Lumin also has some Tidal streamers. Any good compared to Aurender..? I am looking on the Lumin T1
Yep, only one dealer...

Where do you live in Denmark?
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
You could try one of the new Google Chromecast Audio devices using optical out and streaming from TIdal running on an iOS or Android device. It only costs about €35 euros so might be worth a go.  I've just ordered one to try with Qobuz. I have no idea why DAC-less streamers cost so much...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)