Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best audio quality
I am still playing around with my setup. Using a dialog, going out to a Phantom pair, will there be any audio quality difference between optical in (Chromecast audio) and just streaming using spark? I will be using Spotify in both instances. Thanks in advance.
More likely to get better SQ with Tidal or similar.
I would have used Spotify Connect. It's more convenient and I don't think you'll notice any difference. Tidal or Quobuz sounds better than Spotify as Rodrat2 says.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Use Spark or Upnp whenever possible. My own experience suggests that optical input is not as good. I have not tried high end steamers though.
Use spark with qobuz Wink
I just bought Tidal Hifi to see if it's worth it for $20/mo. My question is, how do you know what sounds best listening through the Spark app as it doesn't tell you what bitrate any music is?? I mean, is EVERYTHING hi res in Tidal regardless of artist if you opt for the upgraded library? Because some stuff sounds decent, but nowhere near as clear as the Linn stuff on their online radio station IMHO.
Hi, I have a similar question. Running 2 Golds via Spark and evaluating Tidal ”hifi” subscription now during a trial period. I can’t hear ANY noticable difference over Spotify Connect, comparing same album/songs in Spotify and Tidal. And I have settings on highest quality in both apps...

How can I tell for sure what bit rate or quality I am in fact playing?

What do you others say about audible difference Tidal/Spotify when just streaming through Spark or Spotify Connect directly to the Phantoms..?

Cheers, Lars
(02-Oct-2019, 21:45)Larfa Wrote: Hi, I have a similar question. Running 2 Golds via Spark and evaluating Tidal ”hifi” subscription now during a trial period. I can’t hear ANY noticable difference over Spotify Connect, comparing same album/songs in Spotify and Tidal. And I have settings on highest quality in both apps...

How can I tell for sure what bit rate or quality I am in fact playing?

What do you others say about audible difference Tidal/Spotify when just streaming through Spark or Spotify Connect directly to the Phantoms..?

Cheers, Lars
You can't be sure of the bitrate or sound quality, Spark doesn't provide the information. As for audible difference, I believe I can hear a difference in favor of Tidal but who knows? Could be placebo.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage