Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best power cord for Devialet
(03-Feb-2017, 21:20)mdconnelly Wrote:
(02-Jan-2017, 17:22)mdconnelly Wrote: I think I posted elsewhere that I've been extremely happy with my High Powered (HP) Digital American power cord from Triode Wire Labs (http://www.triodewirelabs.com/).  They are now using the new Furutech IEC termination that fits the Devialet quite nicely.   I've compared these power cords to a few far pricier cables and have to say they are exceptional and at a far more reasonable price point.

I have to acknowledge that the new Audioquest power cords that Devialet is providing with the Pros is a nice step up from the cheap stock PCs they previously provided, but IMHO, the TWL cords are a major step from that.   

If interested, get in touch with them about your setup.

A quick update.... I upgraded from 200 to 220 Pro last October and then added a 2nd 220 to make a 440 Pro in December.  It sounded wonderful with the Audioquest power cords provided.  But just this week I replaced the Audioquest PCs with Triode Wire Lab's High Power Digital American power cords on both units and... WOW.   I can't say enough about these cost-effective PCs.

To be honest, I expected a bump in blackness and clarity but was not prepared for what I heard  ... the soundstage blossomed in the room well beyond where it was (and it was already pretty damn nice), music became even more musically engaging... bass became far more impactful.  But what I noticed most was that the transient response & dynamics, became amazingly quick - closest to live music I've heard on any system.  The Devialet 440 Pro is now strutting itself far beyond what I thought possible.

If you're looking at pricey power cords, save yourself a chunk of money and check these out.
Hello, Mdconnelly. Congratulations. Are your high-power digital American PC 5 or 6 foot long and what male plug you used? I think you could not put the back lid on now, right? And like to know what PCs you have used previously before coming to the Digital American?
Actually for me it's less about whether there may be any perceived differences, and more about the fact that you know you're being taken for a ride - price wise - for a bit of twisted wire with chunky plugs and a posh sheath. Combined with the fact that for most of us the money would be better spent on other equipment / room upgrades. Most of these companies are predominantly marketing lead and to my knowledge have no real scientists/engineers involved. Am happy to be proven wrong of course.

But we all have different beliefs / priorities.

With all that said, Im happy to try an expensive cable with an open mind if someone wants to lend me one Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(04-Feb-2017, 16:07)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Actually for me it's less about whether there may be any perceived differences, and more about the fact that you know you're being taken for a ride - price wise - for a bit of twisted wire with chunky plugs and a posh sheath. Combined with the fact that for most of us the money would be better spent on other equipment / room upgrades. Most of these companies are predominantly marketing lead and to my knowledge have no real scientists/engineers involved. Am happy to be proven wrong of course.

But we all have different beliefs / priorities.

With all that said, Im happy to try an expensive cable with an open mind if someone wants to lend me one Wink

Steve, I don't disagree that much of what is on the market is over-priced and over-hyped.  Most?   I don't know.  I will say that when I see power cords in the $2-4k US price range, I just laugh.  I suppose if I did spend that much on a power cord, expectation bias would sway me to believe I'd uncovered nirvana in order to justify the expense.   I can say it's crazy to spend that much on a power cord, but then I've got friends that think I'm crazy for having spent as much as I have on my Devialet (I don't tell them about the power cords ;-)

There are a number of "vendors" that simply buy terminations, wire, sheathing etc... - probably from China in bulk - that then build and brand the cable, make wild claims and jack up the price.   They're probably building the equivalent of a $30 cable, but they'll market it as a $400 cable.  (actually, more likely to market it as an $800 cable on sale - today only - for only just $399).

But I know that there are a few very good engineers that have dedicated a lot of time and effort to suss out what works and what doesn't (with ears AND a test bench) and take meticulous care to build the best they can.  The challenge is figuring out which is which.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(04-Feb-2017, 15:38)G51 Wrote: Hello, Mdconnelly. Congratulations. Are your high-power digital American PC 5 or 6 foot long and what male plug you used? I think you could not put the back lid on now, right? And like to know what PCs you have used previously before coming to the Digital American?

I'm using the 5' long HPDA cords with the new Furutech slim-line IEC on the component end.  I believe the Furutech model # is FI-C15(g).    Fits the Devialet perfectly with the back lid on.  The male end is their custom CNC milled aluminum/carbon fiber termination - great build and very slick looking.    If interested, I'd suggest emailing them before you order and explain what you've got and what you're looking for.   They have a number of Devialet customers so he understands the issue of fitting with the back lid on.    TWL is a small business that's getting a lot of recognition after winning a few awards and a number of great reviews in mainstream journals.

I started using TWL power cords back in the 2011-2012 timeframe - not long after the founder - Pete Grzybowski - started his business.    Prior to that I was a big fan of JPS power cords.  But JPS is pricey so I always bought them used.    I also used Shunyata PCs (prior to owning a Devialet)... liked them alot but like JPS, pretty pricey.   I also tried a number of other power cords along the way.  Some were pretty good, many were cheap knockoffs.    
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(04-Feb-2017, 18:26)mdconnelly Wrote:
(04-Feb-2017, 15:38)G51 Wrote: Hello, Mdconnelly. Congratulations. Are your high-power digital American PC 5 or 6 foot long and what male plug you used? I think you could not put the back lid on now, right? And like to know what PCs you have used previously before coming to the Digital American?

I'm using the 5' long HPDA cords with the new Furutech slim-line IEC on the component end.  I believe the Furutech model # is FI-C15(g).    Fits the Devialet perfectly with the back lid on.  The male end is their custom CNC milled aluminum/carbon fiber termination - great build and very slick looking.    If interested, I'd suggest emailing them before you order and explain what you've got and what you're looking for.   They have a number of Devialet customers so he understands the issue of fitting with the back lid on.    TWL is a small business that's getting a lot of recognition after winning a few awards and a number of great reviews in mainstream journals.

I started using TWL power cords back in the 2011-2012 timeframe - not long after the founder - Pete Grzybowski - started his business.    Prior to that I was a big fan of JPS power cords.  But JPS is pricey so I always bought them used.    I also used Shunyata PCs (prior to owning a Devialet)... liked them alot but like JPS, pretty pricey.   I also tried a number of other power cords along the way.  Some were pretty good, many were cheap knockoffs.    
It is hard to explain to people why it is so much money to invest in a 'blue-ray player' alike amplifier Big Grin
And thanks for your INFO.
Perfectly happy with a pair of DH labs Silver Sonic plus power cables on the 400, running through an Isotek Sigmas.
Sounds great to my ears, then again I'm not a big believer in Power cords making that much of a difference tbh.
LP12se, CD3t, Le 400, MF7
Bucks/Herts Border
(06-Feb-2017, 13:50)adamk Wrote: Perfectly happy with a pair of DH labs Silver Sonic plus power cables on the 400, running through an Isotek Sigmas.
Sounds great to my ears, then again I'm not a big believer in Power cords making that much of a difference tbh.

Dare I ask, why upgrade from the stock ones - curiosity? Shy

I'm more interested in what sort of differences you get with the Isotek, and how obvious it is. Thanks.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(06-Feb-2017, 22:27)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(06-Feb-2017, 13:50)adamk Wrote: Perfectly happy with a pair of DH labs Silver Sonic plus power cables on the 400, running through an Isotek Sigmas.

Dare I ask, why upgrade from the stock ones - curiosity?  Shy

I'm more interested in what sort of differences you get with the Isotek, and how obvious it is.  Thanks.

Well there's this thread running at 3 pages, plus the 'Power Cables' thread at 30 pages.........I thought I'd better jump on the bandwagon as I might be missing out Big Grin
I note that Devialet are supplying the new pro gear with a fancy Audioquest cable.

My ownership of the Sigmas predates my Devialet- I used it with my previous Naim gear going against the advice of the Naim cognoscenti, are they also frowned upon by the Devialet faithful ? TBH, I have not conducted any sort of listening tests- it worked fine with Naim so I am happy to continue with Devialet.
LP12se, CD3t, Le 400, MF7
Bucks/Herts Border
(06-Feb-2017, 23:32)adamk Wrote:
(06-Feb-2017, 22:27)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

Dare I ask, why upgrade from the stock ones - curiosity?  Shy

I'm more interested in what sort of differences you get with the Isotek, and how obvious it is.  Thanks.

Well there's this thread running at 3 pages, plus the 'Power Cables' thread at 30 pages.........I thought I'd better jump on the bandwagon as I might be missing out Big Grin
I note that Devialet are supplying the new pro gear with a fancy Audioquest cable.

My ownership of the Sigmas predates my Devialet- I used it with my previous Naim gear going against the advice of the Naim cognoscenti, are they also frowned upon by the Devialet faithful ? TBH, I have not conducted any sort of listening tests- it worked fine with Naim so I am happy to continue with Devialet.
Actually one of the best powercables i have used on the Dev is Naims powerline,to bad the connector dont fit under the shelf
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Forget about expensive cables. Get a Torus Toroidal Isolation Power Unit instead and you will be set, for life.
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -