Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And if...
And if "they" left you with your system and just three albuns for the rest of your life?
Which ones would you choose?
(Best offs and collectios not allowed)

Here's my choices:

— "Travels"  Pat Metheny
— "The K&D Sessions" Kruder & Dorfmeister
— "Rapture" (or other) Anita Baker
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
Art Pepper/Art Pepper Quintet - 'Smack Up'

Coleman Hawkins - 'The Hawk Relaxes'

Gerry Mulligan & Paul Desmond - 'Two of a Mind'

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

SonicTransporter i5 - AirPort Extreme - Devialet Expert 120 - ATC SCM 19 v1
Lee Ritenour "Rio" 1970

Cecilia Bartoli & Bryn Terfel "Duets" 1999

Melody Gardot "The Absence" 2012

I think...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
1. U2 - Under a blood red sky.

2. Tina Turner - Live in Europe

3. Michael Kiwanuka - Love and Hate

I could live with just #1.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
My choice:

1. Frank Zappa - Roxy & Elsewhere
2. Rod Stewart - Unplugged .... And Seated
3. Pink Floyd - Ummagumma (2011 Remastered Version)

..and hundreds more !! Wink
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
1 Pat Metheny, Bright Size Life
2 JS Bach, S Richter The Well Tempered Clavier
3 Steve Lukather, All Is Well That Ends Well

I would certainly hide in my suitcase some Schubert and Beethoven by Andras Schiff, Giant Steps and A Love Supreme by Coltrane, Shostakovich 10th Symphony by Mariss Jansons, and Photo Finish by Rory Gallagher. A Qobuz subscription would be mandatory as well...
Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution
AC/DC: Back in Black. Amazing effort by a band that had just lost its singer. I’m still amazed at the riffs the Young brothers came up with.

Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon. Awesome album for listening in the dark with headphones on.

Alice in Chains: Dirt. Grunge at its best. Personal, powerful, complicated musically. but it works, quite well.
I would pick any random 3 albums, play them a couple of times, and throw them on the bin.
I would then turn the system into a heating device, and sit and enjoy listening to silence and nature.

pfff,
this is an impossible question - for me - as I keep listening to new music while my taste involves. I very rarely listen to my "system" with "same" albums, except when I need to test something (of course)
Mac Mini + Matrix X-SPDIF2 + Echoes Music 1  |  Pro-Ject CD Box RS2T  ⏵  Devialet Expert 250 Pro  ⏵  Boenicke W5 SE, B&W ASW 608 Sub