Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Max db at 20hz?
I realize that when Devialet advertises Phantom Gold/Silver/White as producing 108/105/101 db, they are not referring to the bass spectrum at 20 hz.  Anyone know what the figure would be at 20hz?  More a curiosity than anything.

Thanks.
(22-Nov-2017, 20:23)MountainGuy Wrote: I realize that when Devialet advertises Phantom Gold/Silver/White as producing 108/105/101 db, they are not referring to the bass spectrum at 20 hz.  Anyone know what the figure would be at 20hz?  More a curiosity than anything.

Thanks.

Extract from the soundstagehifi.com gold phantom review.

“For all three models, the frequency response is specified as 20Hz-20kHz, +/-2dB -- if that’s accurate, it’s incredibly broad and linear for speakers this small.”

The frequency response measurement at 86dB from the soundstagenetwork gold Phantom measurement suggest the above could be accurate.
So at least at 86db which is already quite impressive. Wonder how far that linear response goes up to as one pushes the volume. Thanks for the reply.
(22-Nov-2017, 20:23)MountainGuy Wrote: I realize that when Devialet advertises Phantom Gold/Silver/White as producing 108/105/101 db, they are not referring to the bass spectrum at 20 hz.  Anyone know what the figure would be at 20hz?  More a curiosity than anything.

Thanks.
Can anyone remind me, at which numbers on the Spark volume indicator, do the low frequency's starts rolling off  slightly? Think it's 65 or 70 but can't quite remember. 
(25-Nov-2017, 14:00)Extra Gravity Wrote:

Thanks.
Can anyone remind me, at which numbers on the Spark volume indicator, do the low frequency's starts rolling off  slightly? Think it's 65 or 70 but can't quite remember. 

I think it is earlier than that because to my knowledge, 70 is 0dB attenuation. So if your source file goes up to 0dBFS, going higher than 70 will start soft compression, exactly like on an expert if you listen with a volume of +x dB. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Although it’s 75%-80% now on a White Phantom with the new power update.

Silver hasn’t changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
(26-Nov-2017, 08:25)kmjy Wrote: Although it’s 75%-80% now on a White Phantom with the new power update.

Silver hasn’t changed.

Didn‘t the white become louder with the power update? The Golds are at a set volume exactly that louder than the Silvers as specified. So at volume 15, e.g. but at any other volume within the linear range (1-70) the Golds are 3dB louder than the Silvers.
The White now peaks at 101dB. Compared to a struggling 99dB previously. The amplification technique has been heavily optimised and the way the whole unit handles power and processing has been improved. The bass output has been improved due to this, with less roll off so soon. For myself at least the bass is continuously there with zero compression or cut back all the way up until 80% volume at 20-30Hz. It’s much more present.

There’s a point in which you can generally tell the amps are pushing hard to output say 20Hz at a higher volume. 1% below that point it’s normal. 1% back up its noticeable. This has moved from what was 75% to 80%. Above 80% (for me) I notice that, although much less than ever before.

Devialet Phantom (White)