Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to stream music to Gold Phantoms
I have a question for a friend with a pair of Phantoms who wants to join the world of Roon.
(I use Roon on a NUC to a Devialet expert pro 440 myself and am a happy user of RAAT on my Devialets).

Running Roon on a NUC to a PAIR of Phantoms (let's assume they are RAAT capable).
In the Roon Remote, if it behaves like mine, I will see Devialet RAAT and Devialet Airplay options.
Enable RAAT.

Now the question: do I need to do anything to make the Phantoms behave like a stereo pair (L and R)?
Sorry if this a n00b question.
System: Roon on NUC, music library on Synology NAS, all connected via ethernet. Thorens TD-160 super (revised and restored) with SME 3009-III, Devialet Expert pro 440 CI, Marten Django XL
(22-Mar-2021, 12:40)pvanosta Wrote: I have a question for a friend with a pair of Phantoms who wants to join the world of Roon.
(I use Roon on a NUC to a Devialet expert pro 440 myself and am a happy user of RAAT on my Devialets).

Running Roon on a NUC to a PAIR of Phantoms (let's assume they are RAAT capable).
In the Roon Remote, if it behaves like mine, I will see Devialet RAAT and Devialet Airplay options.
Enable RAAT.

Now the question: do I need to do anything to make the Phantoms behave like a stereo pair (L and R)?
As long as the speakers are paired in the Devialet app, they show up as a pair in Roon.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
thanks  Smile
System: Roon on NUC, music library on Synology NAS, all connected via ethernet. Thorens TD-160 super (revised and restored) with SME 3009-III, Devialet Expert pro 440 CI, Marten Django XL
(05-Mar-2021, 19:06)Hrithik0015 Wrote: What is the best method in terms of sound quality to stream music to Gold Phantoms (RAAT, UPNP, Optical)?

Technically the answer is "none of the above".  Optical Direct mode, a "hotrod" input mode that bypasses some of the DOS functionality, is the only input mode in which the Phantoms (any model) support hi res (>24/48) material with its attendant time domain sound quality benefits.  So assuming that the music you want to listen to is available in hi res that would be the "best" method.
(22-Mar-2021, 13:04)ragwo Wrote:
(22-Mar-2021, 12:40)pvanosta Wrote: I have a question for a friend with a pair of Phantoms who wants to join the world of Roon.

Enable RAAT.

As long as the speakers are paired in the Devialet app, they show up as a pair in Roon.

Thank you. Follow-up question if I may: if I wanted to stream from the NUC, using RAAT, but I wanted to do it WIRED (ethernet), would I connect EACH phantom to the switch/LAN that the NUC was also wired into?
(22-Mar-2021, 22:11)pvanosta Wrote:
(22-Mar-2021, 13:04)ragwo Wrote:

Enable RAAT.

Thank you. Follow-up question if I may: if I wanted to stream from the NUC, using RAAT, but I wanted to do it WIRED (ethernet), would I connect EACH phantom to the switch/LAN that the NUC was also wired into?
Glad to help. Just wire each speaker to the same LAN as the NUC. The speakers don't have to be the on same switch as the NUC.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage