Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better sound at night?
(06-Aug-2017, 09:19)Bartype Wrote:
(22-Jul-2017, 11:32)Jonas Wrote:
(22-Jul-2017, 10:10)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Late night is also a fine when the body /brain relaxes more.

Now you hit the other side of the coin!  Smile  Sorry for digging little deeper... Our autonomic nervous system consists of 2 aspects, sympathetic (activity) and parasympathetic (rest). It´s easy to measure these parameters with so called Heart Rate Variability (HRV). Balance in HRV is a sign of health and coherence. Noticed that it sometimes takes 3-4 tracks before I enter a kind of relaxed coherent listening state. So once I tried to meditate for a short while before the music session and experienced directly a state of coherence.

There is also the possibility that at night, when it's darker the senses shift more from eyesight to hearing, and thus have an effect on the SQ, to your ears...

I'd never thought about it that way, but it makes perfect sense. Like Jonas says, the music seems to immerse us more when we shut our eyes.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(07-Aug-2017, 09:23)Axel Wrote:
(06-Aug-2017, 09:19)Bartype Wrote:
(22-Jul-2017, 11:32)Jonas Wrote: Now you hit the other side of the coin!  Smile  Sorry for digging little deeper... Our autonomic nervous system consists of 2 aspects, sympathetic (activity) and parasympathetic (rest). It´s easy to measure these parameters with so called Heart Rate Variability (HRV). Balance in HRV is a sign of health and coherence. Noticed that it sometimes takes 3-4 tracks before I enter a kind of relaxed coherent listening state. So once I tried to meditate for a short while before the music session and experienced directly a state of coherence.

There is also the possibility that at night, when it's darker the senses shift more from eyesight to hearing, and thus have an effect on the SQ, to your ears...

I'd never thought about it that way, but it makes perfect sense. Like Jonas says, the music seems to immerse us more when we shut our eyes.

A nice glass of malt also helps I find   Wink.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(07-Aug-2017, 10:04)brit Wrote:
(07-Aug-2017, 09:23)Axel Wrote:
(06-Aug-2017, 09:19)Bartype Wrote: There is also the possibility that at night, when it's darker the senses shift more from eyesight to hearing, and thus have an effect on the SQ, to your ears...

A nice glass of malt also helps I find   Wink.

Great tweak brit!  Smile  Have to compare it with other liquids. Remembered me about a late evening at Roskilde music festival around 1987. Next morning some friends got worried when they saw my partly red jeans jacket and thought it was blood. However I soon recalled that I had jumped to the music, with an opened bottle of red wine inside a pocket.
Conclusion:
According to some of us, drinking a bit during the day fixes this kind of issues.
Forget grounding grids, expensive power suplies, huge cables, etc. Big Grin
Exactly. Just listen drunk. It will sound fabulous, but even if it doesn't you won't remember in the morning anyway and/or you'll be too hungover to care. Tongue

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(08-Aug-2017, 08:41)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Exactly. Just listen drunk. It will sound fabulous, but even if it doesn't you won't remember in the morning anyway and/or you'll be too hungover to care. Tongue

It might be enough with a glass or two to become "tweaked"...  Rolleyes Less good equipment - bigger glasses.
(08-Aug-2017, 14:59)Jonas Wrote:
(08-Aug-2017, 08:41)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Exactly. Just listen drunk. It will sound fabulous, but even if it doesn't you won't remember in the morning anyway and/or you'll be too hungover to care. Tongue

It might be enough with a glass or two to become "tweaked"...  Rolleyes  Less good equipment - bigger glasses.

I'll go with you, look for something good Cool

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(08-Aug-2017, 20:09)K4680 Wrote:
(08-Aug-2017, 14:59)Jonas Wrote:

It might be enough with a glass or two to become "tweaked"...  Rolleyes  Less good equipment - bigger glasses.

That's a mighty fine looking drinks cabinet. There is nothing there that I recognise, so I'd love to come and have a tasting session with you!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(09-Aug-2017, 01:11)Axel Wrote:
(08-Aug-2017, 20:09)K4680 Wrote:
(08-Aug-2017, 14:59)Jonas Wrote: It might be enough with a glass or two to become "tweaked"...  Rolleyes  Less good equipment - bigger glasses.

That's a mighty fine looking drinks cabinet. There is nothing there that I recognise, so I'd love to come and have a tasting session with you!

Music and tweak sessions in some countries could be interesting.
(09-Aug-2017, 05:47)Jonas Wrote:
(09-Aug-2017, 01:11)Axel Wrote:
(08-Aug-2017, 20:09)K4680 Wrote: I'll go with you, look for something good Cool

Music and tweak sessions in some countries could be interesting.

Tweaks 'n' Toasts!
South Coast England