Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bit the bullet!
Hello hello from currently sunny Switzerland. 1st post here. Heard the Phantoms yesterday at a dealer and also compared with the Devialet Ensemble. Both are impressive. The Ensemble more transparent, the Phantoms more wholesome. The sound stage and overall sonic quality is noticeably better with 2 Phantoms. I am really into hi-fi and appreciate great sound. I think you know if someone is into hi-fi if they listen to music they don't particularly enjoy yet get blown away because the track sounds so good. I have a decent home theater set up that also did double duty as a stereo setup. I say did because it's in storage. Speakers were Paradigm Reference, pretty big front tower speakers fed by a Rotel 1095 200 *5 watts power amp and a Harman Kardon receiver functioning as a pre amp. And of course a massive 15 inch Paradigm sub putting out 1500 watts. 
A couple of years ago I happily ditched all that for a Beoplay A9. Gorgeous looking speaker, no cables no fuss, stream tunes and voila decent actually pretty impressive sound is that is balanced with some decent bass come out of it. High WAF also. My best friend just got one after seeing and hearing mine. I was recently kind of in the market for a pair of their new Beolab 20 speakers or at least daydreaming about it as a serious upgrade to the A9, but at 3 times the price of a pair of Phantoms I won't even go in for a listen. The Phantom appears to be in a different league to the A9. The power control, and clarity are on another level! I ordered it today along with a dialog. Will upgrade with a 2nd when the stands are available probably. Will write back some impressions when I get and try it out.

Cheers
Hi Rhamy,

Welcome to the sunny world that is Phantom.

I was just listening to a trailer of the new Star Wars film on YouTube. It was awesome. At just 50, I was getting sound levels that would have made my old rig blush at reference volume. They are an amazing bit of kit and have WAF that is second to none.

Like most Phantom owners, we want great sound coupled with simplicity. Both are in the Phantom. They are not for tinkerers, who want to test the latest qualities of gold, oxygen free cable at £6000/meter. And for that reason, many won't consider them as HiFi. But they are and more!!

So for me, a great sound that I can turn on instantly, which betters than my old rig by a 1000 TIMES ( Tongue Tongue ) is all that I wanted. I know I've found it in the Phantom.

I can't wait to hear your full review.

PS - If you think 2 sound good, try 3!!
DAYUM! They sound insane. Actually it sounds insane? I only have one, will get a 2nd next month!