Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluesound Vault 2
I'm just about to purchase the Bluesound Vault 2 as it seems that my mac mini is having a tougher, and tougher time keeping up with the switching of different file formats and using Audirvana to play my library. My two digital connection choices coming out of the Vault 2 would be Optical and Digital Coax. Sounds like from some other posts that the Digital Coax is the way to go.

Any advice on my new toy would be appreciated!
I connected my Vault 1 with optical cable (there is no coaxial output). It just sounded great. With optical you haven't so much hassle than with coaxial, which has way more options (brands and models) to go.
Sonos - Devialet 200 - Dynaudio Evidence Temptation
I tried Bluesound and while I liked the flexibility and the sound was top notch, the apps (both ios and Mac osx) are horrible. They look bad, run bad, and overall made using the bluesound system more of a hassle than it was worth. YMMV.
I use Bluesound Node for my secondary system (not connected to my Devialet).  I find the app OK and it is great to be able to access streaming services such as Qobuz and Tidal directly.  Two issues I have with Bluesound Node system/app is that there is an upper limit of 100,000 tracks that can be catalogued and to add new tracks, you have to reindex the whole music library.  I don't know whether these issues will occur with the Bluesound Vault or these issues may not be a concern to you.