Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth Security
Apologies if the subject has already been discussed but I couldn't find any info.
I'm a new owner of 2 phantom silver + dialog.

I named my Phantoms Phantom1 and Phantom2 via the Spark app in the bluetooth settings (and actually only turned the bluetooth on for 1 speaker as Dialog handles the rest.

When I came back from work, I've seen that my speakers have been renamed (not to the default name, but to BOOMBOOM - maybe some unhappy neighbors can't find the courage to knock at my door?  Big Grin).

Questions:
- how could they have renamed the speakers without the app?
- is there any risk they can connect to my speakers and play music when I'm not using the speakers?
- Is there a way to avoid this kind of things to happen?

Many thanks,
Michael
Unfortunately there is no such thing as Bluetooth security. I don't know how they can rename the speakers but they can definitely connect to them and play when you're not home. The only way to avoid it is to turn off Bluetooth.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Currently there is no way to control Bluetooth connectivity on Phantom — no code, no "enable discovery", nothing. The only option you have is to turn bluetooth off from Spark. They have said to me that they are working on it, though.