Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bluetooth vs spark
Got my self a new gold today.
Still trying to figure out what's the best way to listen to music.
Have a deezer account with premium, no hifi.
Is there any difference between Bluetooth quality and stream from spark?

And second,what app supports hi fi stream to phantom gold?

Regards,
Bluetooth is a lossy protocol, so yes Spark is better as it streams lossless to the Phantom. I do not know the quality of your Deezer stream so it's not straight forward to answer what is best in your setting. Usability is also an important part of it.
This thread over at the Roon community discusses your second question (among other things) https://community.roonlabs.com/t/how-do-...t-airplay/
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Thank,
If il go with hi fi account on deezer or tidal hifi will the phantom supports the kind of stream quality?
Had sonos 1 before and for hifi deezer account the sonos had to be suppored by deezer .

Regards the Roon,
Im mainly stream music over wifi android device.so no air play and no google cast support.
Is there ant reason to configure Roon in that situation?

10x
I do not own Phantoms so the best would be if a fellow Phantom owner could share some knowledge here, but Phantoms support up to 24bit 192kHz lossless PCM. I don't think you need to consider Roon with your current setup. Roon does not support Deezer natively, only Tidal and Qobuz.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
@ogs
Thanks
(02-Jul-2019, 23:01)eladeb Wrote: Thank,
If il go with hi fi account on deezer or tidal hifi will the phantom supports the kind of stream quality?
Had sonos 1 before and for hifi deezer account the sonos had to be suppored  by deezer .

Regards the Roon,
Im mainly stream music over wifi android device.so no air play and no google cast support.
Is there ant reason to configure Roon in that situation?

10x
I've given up on all Devialet software with my phantoms.  I'm using a combination of Sonos Connects, Yamaha WXC-50s, and Anthem Receivers to send sound to mine.

In your situation, I would use a Sonos Connect or a Blusound to stream musing to your phantom.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
how about this solution?
Chromecast with mini toslink adapter.
can it provide the hifi quality from tidal/deezer/spotify (depends on the program im in off course )?
https://darko.audio/2018/07/the-music-fi...hromecast/

Basically it eliminates the ugly use of spark app.

Regards,
I have no problems with the spark app at all and the sound quality is the best.
(04-Jul-2019, 11:02)Johnnydev Wrote: I have no problems with the spark app at all and the sound quality is the best.

Dont have problems with the sound quality but the app is not user friendly at all
im a previous sonos app user so...(:

my main thing is that i want to anjoy the simplicity of chromacast (audio) ,just cast from the app itself .

but there is a open question regards the quality .
1. Is the chromcast good enough for stream hifi from deezer or spotify or tidal?
2. Heard about users here that didnt recommend using the optical jack.
(04-Jul-2019, 11:13)eladeb Wrote:
(04-Jul-2019, 11:02)Johnnydev Wrote: I have no problems with the spark app at all and the sound quality is the best.

Dont have problems with the sound quality but the app is not user friendly at all
im a previous sonos app user so...(:

my main thing is that i want to anjoy the simplicity of chromacast (audio) ,just cast from the app itself .

but there is a open question regards the quality .
1. Is the chromcast good enough for stream hifi from deezer or spotify or tidal?
2. Heard about users here that didnt recommend using the optical jack.

Really? I’ve never had (or heard of issues) with Toslink / optical jack on my Golds.