Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bluetooth vs spark
(04-Jul-2019, 10:59)eladeb Wrote: how about this solution?
Chromecast  with mini toslink adapter.
can it provide the hifi quality from tidal/deezer/spotify (depends on the program im in off course )?
https://darko.audio/2018/07/the-music-fi...hromecast/

Basically it eliminates the ugly use of spark app.

Regards,

That should work with no issues with the phantom running in optical direct mode.  I've never used chromecast but after the reading the article it sounds like you'll have a really good chance of success in achieving your goal.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
I use Tidal IOS app to Chromecast Audio into an optical switch (with TV into it too) then into Dspeaker Antimode and out to the Phantom optical input

Works a dream - only issue is sometimes having to open spark when phone volume controls don’t show up because Spark has gone to sleep in the background

The optical issue mentioned is only if going through the dialogue optical input which gives a tiny crackle occasionally. And you don’t need optical direct mode either - maybe I am lucky but for TV lip synching is more than fine as it is

And with Tidal it limits the streaming to Hifi - but doesn’t allow Master quality. So I assume it would let Deezer high quality through too

Having done some reading up on whether we can tell any difference between standard and high res though I am convinced we hear no difference Smile Still feels safe to do it anyway just in case..... Wink
@Jamington2004
Thanks for the info.

Have to ask...
"I use Tidal IOS app to Chromecast Audio into an optical switch (with TV into it too) then into Dspeaker Antimode and out to the Phantom optical input"

You going through a lot of switches/devices to the phantom.
Can you notice any degradation in audio quality?
I read some articles that Chromecast audio is eventually a 35 dollar dac and so on and use it with high def audio equipment is a waste.
(05-Jul-2019, 20:00)eladeb Wrote: I read some articles that Chromecast audio is eventually a 35 dollar dac and so on and use it with high def audio equipment is a waste.

The CC Audio can pass through up to 24 bit / 96 kHz unaltered via the optical output. The DAC bypassed while using the optical output. 
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
@ragwo
10x
So i read in techradar regards Deezer :
"you can now stream music in True lossless FLAC quality at 16-Bit / 44.1 kHz, use voice commands to find and play albums, artists, playlists, tracks, "
So flac lossless is about half the stream quality of Chromcast Audio?

BTW,
Is there any Android app that can measure audio quality in real time?
Seems im lost in the bits quality jungle (:
(06-Jul-2019, 09:53)eladeb Wrote: @ragwo
10x
So i read in techradar regards Deezer :
"you can now stream music in True lossless FLAC quality at 16-Bit / 44.1 kHz, use voice commands to find and play albums, artists, playlists, tracks, "
So flac lossless is about half the stream quality of Chromcast Audio?

BTW,
Is there any Android app that can measure audio quality in real time?
Seems im lost in the bits quality jungle (:

A CC Audio will be more than sufficient for streaming Deezer. I expect the Deezer app will show the streaming quality, so an app to measure sound quality isn't necessary. I don't know if such app exists.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
There's a review of the Chromecast Auio here:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum...tput.4544/

"4. Using a well-designed Dac like the Topping D50, there is no difference at all between Toslink from Chromecast or higher fidelity sources. All the jitter is filtered out resulting in the performance of the DAC itself being the limit."
@Onion
Thanks.