Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boenicke W8SE+ (CANCELLED)
I am considering downgrading my beloved W8SE+ for a W5SE+, due to location restrictions.
Love the sound but difficult to manage in small(-ish) space.

My W8SE+ are 4 yrs old in perfect condition, and would consider selling them in the region of 10K
But would prefer to exchange with their smaller sibling.

Please ask for more info, photos, etc.
Thank you
Mac Mini + Matrix X-SPDIF2 + Echoes Music 1  |  Pro-Ject CD Box RS2T  ⏵  Devialet Expert 250 Pro  ⏵  Boenicke W5 SE, B&W ASW 608 Sub
(11-Oct-2020, 18:45)yanc Wrote: I am considering downgrading my beloved W8SE+ for a W5SE+, due to location restrictions.
Love the sound but difficult to manage in small(-ish) space.

My W8SE+ are 4 yrs old in perfect condition, and would consider selling them in the region of 10K
But would prefer to exchange with their smaller sibling.

Please ask for more info, photos, etc.
Thank you
I’m not in the market, but this sort of advertisement amazes me. How important is it to you to get a sale or exchange? You fail to identify on your personal page the country you live in so the potential buyer/exchanger has no idea where you live other than probably somewhere in the EU. Looking for in the region of 10K €? Surely at that value, a handful of photographs would be a good starting point. 

I see this sort of thing often and wonder, how committed is this seller? To increase your likelihood of success, I suggest a little more effort is required.
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
Have you considered trying Sweet room first?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(11-Oct-2020, 22:30)Greg Wrote: I’m not in the market, but this sort of advertisement amazes me. How important is it to you to get a sale or exchange? You fail to identify on your personal page the country you live in so the potential buyer/exchanger has no idea where you live other than probably somewhere in the EU. Looking for in the region of 10K €? Surely at that value, a handful of photographs would be a good starting point. 

I see this sort of thing often and wonder, how committed is this seller? To increase your likelihood of success, I suggest a little more effort is required.

I am not sure I agree with this comment.
  1. The sale is as important as a hi-fi kit sale / exchange is. It's a hobby.
  2. I know the amount is large, but someone who would consider trading between the 2 speakers mentioned in the OP, would by now be  familiar with them and have done extensive research / or listening to both.
So a picture would be mostly eye-candy :-)
But I will oblige …

[Image: ab81.jpg]

[Image: ab82.jpg]
Mac Mini + Matrix X-SPDIF2 + Echoes Music 1  |  Pro-Ject CD Box RS2T  ⏵  Devialet Expert 250 Pro  ⏵  Boenicke W5 SE, B&W ASW 608 Sub
(11-Oct-2020, 23:58)Pim Wrote: Have you considered trying Sweet room first?

Yes.
I've been experimenting with Sweet Room. I have made measurements and the hand-written EQ file.
There is definitely an improvement. 

...But it's not a simple task, and a little like walking in the dark, considering the number of nodes that need to be adjusted to flatten the curve. (which is what I understand I need to do)