Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boring forum, as Expert (non Pro) support withers...
Just sayin'... Dodgy
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Has non Pro support withered? Only if the number of non Pro amps in use by forum members has dropped. People often have funny ideas on what "support" or "participation" means and those ideas often come down to people who do the same things as the person making the comment but not everyone demonstrates support or participation in the same way. I take a "bums on seats" approach to measuring support and in something like non Pro support on this forum I'd measure it by looking at the number of people on this forum using non Pro amps. Is that falling? I don't know.

When it comes to what gets discussed the recent always wins out on forums. Your problem is not that Expert (non Pro) support has withered, it's just that the changes are happening elsewhere and people talk about changes. We discuss the weather because the weather changes constantly. If the weather stopped changing, if no new weather events happened, how long would people keep talking about the weather? There'd be nothing to say about it until it changed unless all you're going to do is to keep track of the number of days since it changed and that's going to get boring after a week or two.

On a Devialet forum people are going to talk about what's new from Devialet. The things that aren't new have already been discussed back when they were new and there's no great need, or interest, in going over discussions that have already been had. A lack of discussion of something doesn't mean that it doesn't have support, it just means that no one feels they have something new to say about it. That doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't still things to be said about it or useful discussions to be had but it does mean that if you aren't seeing anyone start discussions that interest you then you're probably going to have to come up with a discussion starter on something which interests you that prompts others to respond and create a discussion. Discussions don't come out of nowhere, someone has to start them by saying something that prompts a response.

At least you prompted a response from me so that must make this forum interesting :-)
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I think the large majority of questions regarding the Expert range are pertinent to Pro/non Pro and CI/non CI.

In any case, although i’m not a Phantom owner, I like to dip into the Phantom questions now and again, just to see what problems people are experiencing, especially Dialogue problems, as these may become  problems for those of us with Expert amps if the two become compatible.
In short, I like to read most of the posts on subjects I find interesting, whether they be Expert, Pro, CI, or Phantom.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Another way to look at it... many of us started as Expert owners that then upgraded or traded to Pro and then opted for the CI update. Imagine if we hadn't done that. Most of the many Devialet-induced problems we've experienced over the last year or so would never have happened to us. We'd all have been happy and content Expert owners co-existing in a somewhat boring forum. Just sayin' ;-)
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Thanks to all for your comments.  I am sorely disappointed that the Expert (non Pro) line has not received any recent updates.  Devialet had promised two updates per year but with the development of the Pro line I feel we (vanilla) Expert owners have been somewhat abandoned.  I still (somewhat reluctantly) follow the forum as one day I may bite the bullet and get an update to the Pro line, assuming Devialet once again offers the upgrade path.  Anyway, I just wanted to grouse a little... but do appreciate your thoughts!   Dodgy
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(21-Jun-2018, 13:03)Flashman Wrote: Thanks to all for your comments.  I am sorely disappointed that the Expert (non Pro) line has not received any recent updates.  Devialet had promised two updates per year but with the development of the Pro line I feel we (vanilla) Expert owners have been somewhat abandoned. 

You may have been abandoned by Devialet, but not by Devialet Chat members.....

So much for the EVO sales pitch ‘removes planned obsolescence by continuously evolving and updating’. Ur, hmmm, well maybe until the next model comes out.

Perhaps someone can ping this question at the Oxford Audio event? I can’t go sadly, but it should be pretty clear after this event whether Devialet really have changed or the Munich announcement was just another PR spin.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Quote:You may have been abandoned by Devialet, but not by Devialet Chat members.....
Quote:Thanks, mate.  Actually, the best thing about this forum for me right now is the community of engaging and often humorous people.
Quote:So much for the EVO sales pitch ‘removes planned obsolescence by continuously evolving and updating’. Ur, hmmm, well maybe until the next model comes out.
The last firmware update to the Expert non-Pro line was April 2017.  Where or where art thou Devialet?  I spend more time on the Roon forum, as things seem to evolve fairly frequently there, including their brilliant move to implement Devialet AIR into their ecosystem.  THAT made my Devialet experience what it should have been when AIR was first envisioned.  Plus, with the recent update of Bluesound to the current Roon RAAT, I now can listen quite blissfully to MQA files with Roon doing the first unfold and my Bluesound Node 2 the second.  Anyway, that's a bit off topic...
Hi mate,

I think that normal. The firmware for Expert is very mature, which is a good sign. It’s a thing to enjoy not for update.

Like windows and Mac OS X, I hate windows updates too often.

So don’t feel bad for it. The reason that pro receives update is due to bugs still in the CI and many features has not delivered yet. That’s all.
(21-Jun-2018, 01:12)Axel Wrote: I think the large majority of questions regarding the Expert range are pertinent to Pro/non Pro and CI/non CI.

In any case, although i’m not a Phantom owner, I like to dip into the Phantom questions now and again, just to see what problems people are experiencing, especially Dialogue problems, as these may become  problems for those of us with Expert amps if the two become compatible.
In short, I like to read most of the posts on subjects I find interesting, whether they be Expert, Pro, CI, or Phantom.

Same for me but the otherway round: I have Phantoms but no expert system. So I‘m curious about all that is going on on the Expert Pro/ CI front. Here I try to find out what could be the next steps/improvements for Phantoms. As Roon user I wonder when RAAT support might come to Phantoms. As the platforms converge due to economic reasons I expect the increased need on RAAT from the Expert Pro/CI side will finally make both lines Roon ready.
I agree. This forum is now as boring as batsh1t, especially with key contributors now moving away from Devialet altogether.
Devialet D400, Magico S3, Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus, Aurender N100H, PS Audio Premier, QNAP NAS