Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boring forum, as Expert (non Pro) support withers...
(24-Jun-2018, 15:03)PeppaPig Wrote: Hi mate,

I think that normal. The firmware for Expert is very mature, which is a good sign. It’s a thing to enjoy not for update.

Like windows and Mac OS X, I hate windows updates too often.

So don’t feel bad for it. The reason that pro receives update is due to bugs still in the CI and many features has not delivered yet. That’s all.

Hi PeppaPig, I agree that the firmware for Expert is mature but there is more that could be done in terms of updates.  As an example, in the past, we've been given extra power (my 170 became a 200) so there are others things that Devialet could be doing to enhance our experience.  Please note I am only saying this because Devialet promised 2x/yearly updates when I first purchased my Devialet amp back in 2014.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Seems they’ve long since forgotten that promise...

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(25-Jun-2018, 13:17)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Seems they’ve long since forgotten that promise...

Exactement !
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
I wonder if an Expert (non Pro) owner submitted a support ticket asking that very question (e.g. "Will there be any further firmware updates for Expert owners?"), what kind of response you would get?

Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA