Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryston
(07-Jul-2015, 19:54)Sobert Wrote: USB input in not changed, only aes/ebu and bnc

BTW, have you compared playing the same album,
but produced as hi-res flac files vs dsd64 dsf files
by the same recording company, on the aes/ebu as flac files,
and on the USB as dsd64 dsf files?

Which sounds better for you?

With my BDP-1 (with upgraded fuses), I find that the DSD64 over USB is not as clear
as the flac streamed over USB, which is not as clear as the flac streamed over AES/EBU.

Would be interested to know your findings for the above on a BDP-2.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(07-Jul-2015, 21:01)miro Wrote:
(07-Jul-2015, 19:54)Sobert Wrote: USB input in not changed, only aes/ebu and bnc

BTW, you should also update the fuses---see the info in my post #6 in this thread.
That company gives a 2 week trial period, in which you can return the fuses.

You will likely experience a further improvement.

Are you using an internal SSD by any chance?
No, I use usb-hds. I haven't tried NAS. Waiting for 2t ssd drives at an ok price Smile
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
Don't have any album in DSD. AES/EBU is much better then USB, but don't have an "hifi" usb cables to not fair to compare really... Both Bryston and Devialet recommend AES/EBU.

Hard to really compare now, as the card has been replaced. Not going to install the old card again Smile
Always used Nick Cave - Red right hand as one of my test tracks, and the bass and details has never been better. Details might be better because of dead silent background (noise floor). Bryston should have named this BDP-2.1 or something because reviews might have to be rewritten
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
(07-Jul-2015, 21:41)Sobert Wrote: Don't have any album in DSD. AES/EBU is much better then USB, but don't have an "hifi" usb cables to not fair to compare really... Both Bryston and Devialet recommend AES/EBU.

Hard to really compare now, as the card has been replaced. Not going to install the old card again Smile
Always used Nick Cave - Red right hand as one of my test tracks, and the bass and details has never been better. Details might be better because of dead silent background (noise floor). Bryston should have named this BDP-2.1 or something because reviews might have to be rewritten

Definitely do not swap with the old sound card.

I meant if you can compare the new sound card with AES/EBU when streaming hi-res flac
vs. USB when streaming the same flac, and then USB when streaming a DSD64 dsf for the same song.

You owe it to yourself to try those fuses that I give a pointer to in post #6. You will likely get further improvements.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(07-Jul-2015, 21:41)Sobert Wrote: Don't have any album in DSD. AES/EBU is much better then USB, but don't have an "hifi" usb cables to not fair to compare really... Both Bryston and Devialet recommend AES/EBU.

I received a new BDP-2 yesterday, with the new sound card installed, and absolutely agree with you about the sound quality!
New software released for BDP
(01-Oct-2015, 20:49)Sobert Wrote: New software released for BDP

What software is that?

Do you mean firmware?
(02-Oct-2015, 06:24)Umiro Wrote:

What software is that?

Do you mean firmware?

Correct Smile
(03-Oct-2015, 07:07)Sobert Wrote:
(02-Oct-2015, 06:24)Umiro Wrote:

What software is that?

Do you mean firmware?

Correct Smile

Does it work without issues?

What does it improve?
Summary of work:
Changes to Tidal UI (still beta)
Changes to Tidal playback on BDP-1 hardware (includes BDP-1USB)
Revamped Bryston DB, no longer uses scratch drive (scratch drive still used by tidal)
New Bryston DB should build and render much faster
CD Backup, numerous fixes to the CD Backup App