Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bugs
Hi all

Am i the only on with lots of bugs, even after the update ?

Reconnects on Its own in the charger, does not always connect to phone
Sometimes a tsiiiit without music when playing with the modes

Do you also have it on Android ? ( s20 ultra)
(01-Jan-2021, 23:30)Ounerbouks Wrote: Hi all

Yes...

I've messaged support a few times. 

I LOVE the sound!  They sound amazing!

BUT...

the reliability of connection and charging is a deal breaker for me.

Last night...each bud was at 99%.  I plugged the case in so it would be 100% in the morning. 

I had a call this morning, get the buds out...and one is at 100%, the other 0%. 

I've had this happen 4-5 times now. 

Not sure how/why it drains when not connected.

Also have the issue of it connecting to the phone while still in the case...and NOT disconnecting when I put it in the case.

I want to hope it is a software issue....

BUT after looking at the robustness of my galaxy buds (that took 5-6 updates to work great...but sound nowhere near as good as the Gemini), I don't think the size and stiffness of the charging pins...and the size of the contact patch are enough.

My bluetooth instantly breaks connection once the galaxy buds are dropped back in the case.  Not so for the gemini.

I've taken eraser, q-tip, etc. to clean the contacts - doesn't help. 

As much as I love the sound....I'm thinking of returning them for now, and giving them several months.  Watch the forums and see if issues get corrected. 

I honestly think better hardware design of the case/charging pins/connectors, not software is the answer in my opinion.  But what do I know...

Kind of surprised this product was released as these issues started showing up for me within 2-3 days of getting them. 

Again, the SOUND is AMAZING!  ...I just can't rely on the crapshoot if my buds are charging or not, or if they will connect or not.

Hope this helps...
-----
MAIN: Devialet Expert Pro 440, KEF R11, JL Audio Fathom 112v2, Niagara 1200, Audioquest Monsoon, NRG-Z3 cables, bi-wire Rocket 33.

BEDROOM: KEF LS-50, Nuprime IDA-16, Node 2i, JL Audio e-sub 110, Crystal Cables
GYM:  Devialet Reactor 900
EARS: Gemini on order, and custom JH Audio - JH13v2 Pro's
ROON running on 8-bay QNAP NAS for Tidal Streaming (no stored music)
(02-Jan-2021, 01:21)SoCalB Wrote:
(01-Jan-2021, 23:30)Ounerbouks Wrote: Hi all

Yes...

I've messaged support a few times. 

I LOVE the sound!  They sound amazing!

BUT...

the reliability of connection and charging is a deal breaker for me.

Last night...each bud was at 99%.  I plugged the case in so it would be 100% in the morning. 

I had a call this morning, get the buds out...and one is at 100%, the other 0%. 

I've had this happen 4-5 times now. 

Not sure how/why it drains when not connected.

Also have the issue of it connecting to the phone while still in the case...and NOT disconnecting when I put it in the case.

I want to hope it is a software issue....

BUT after looking at the robustness of my galaxy buds (that took 5-6 updates to work great...but sound nowhere near as good as the Gemini), I don't think the size and stiffness of the charging pins...and the size of the contact patch are enough.

My bluetooth instantly breaks connection once the galaxy buds are dropped back in the case.  Not so for the gemini.

I've taken eraser, q-tip, etc. to clean the contacts - doesn't help. 

As much as I love the sound....I'm thinking of returning them for now, and giving them several months.  Watch the forums and see if issues get corrected. 

I honestly think better hardware design of the case/charging pins/connectors, not software is the answer in my opinion.  But what do I know...

Kind of surprised this product was released as these issues started showing up for me within 2-3 days of getting them. 

Again, the SOUND is AMAZING!  ...I just can't rely on the crapshoot if my buds are charging or not, or if they will connect or not.

Hope this helps...

It is not a pine worry.
It's software.
The headphones cut off when you close the charger.
When you open it the led flashes white once
tip:
when you close the charger if the led flashes white, an earphone tries to connect to the phone. It is therefore necessary to reopen and close the charger.( to prevent the master earphone from being discharged )

It is clearly software but devialet does not have a good reputation for updates ...

I would like many other opinions here
does anyone have it that works without any bugs?
There are several French tests on youtube, they say they have no bugs and that I do not understand how it is possible
Being cynical... these YouTube reviews / reviewers might have received free headphones for a favourable review.
440 Pro CI, Roon ROCK, Technics 1200G, Celestion Ditton 66