Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold Discontinued?
Hi all!

Though I've been a member since 2016 this is my first post Smile 

From what I have seen the Phantom gold is out of stock on the Devialet website and since I am looking to upgrade to 2 golds from my reactors I decided to search on other websites Crutchfield and B&H... Both of them states the gold is discontinued. I haven't seen any news of new incoming products and didn't find anything relevant in the forums.

Does anyone can corroborate this or has any information to share?

Thanks in advance!
Most signs point to a new version of Phantom as Devialet prints 'Out of stock' on all models on their web. If retailers say 'discontinued' that strengthens the new version theory.
We will not know until Devialet decides to tell us however. I've heard nothing myself, maybe others here at DC know more?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
The biggest retailer of electronics in Norway is restocking the Phantom Premier range of products the 19th of January, according to their website.
https://www.elkjop.no/brand/Devialet
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(05-Jan-2021, 22:56)rip2290 Wrote: Hi all!

Though I've been a member since 2016 this is my first post Smile 

From what I have seen the Phantom gold is out of stock on the Devialet website and since I am looking to upgrade to 2 golds from my reactors I decided to search on other websites Crutchfield and B&H... Both of them states the gold is discontinued. I haven't seen any news of new incoming products and didn't find anything relevant in the forums.

Does anyone can corroborate this or has any information to share?

Thanks in advance!

The Devialet website states "There's a ®evolution in the making.More to come on February 2nd. Stay tuned." I guess the Phantoms will receive an update.
Yes. We are expected to have a new Devialet Premier line Wink
Speculating that this will be a rather minor update with a matte black color option, possibly matte white as well with a little spec bump to allow for higher sample rates with Roon RAAT. I could see a rename of the entire line happening as well.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
(29-Jan-2021, 06:36)edgecrush3r Wrote: Yes. We are expected to have a new Devialet Premier line Wink

Yes two new ones, matt white and matt black.
The new colour is nice, but I wonder if Devialet uses this opportunity to upgrade the internals as well. Like a Custom version with Dante built in like Reactor Custom?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB