Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CI Experience qith Qobuz
Couldn't find a thread that exactly fitted what I wanted to cover so apologies for starting another...

220Pro updated to CI without a problem a few weeks ago.

Speedy UPS pickup from local corner shop, bit odd putting the box on the floor next to the crisps and fizzy drinks but within a few hours it was on its way.
UPS returned the box unannounced despite ticking all the checkboxes on the UPS website to keep me informed of progress but luckily I was in.

Prior to upgrade Qobuz Hifi trial was not great, significant stuttering via AIR plus it stopped completely after an hour.
Post upgrade Qobuz Hifi trial a lot better i.e. no stuttering (but see point 4 below) and sound quality excellent although not as clear / delicate as the Chord Blu.

Issues I am having which I would be interested to know if anybody else is having are...

1 When changing tracks on Qobuz, especially when previous track is still playing, sound stops. Cycling through the Dev inputs back to Air restores the sound. Do any other Qobuz users have this issue?
2 Occasionally 'My Devialet' drops off the network. In this case the only solution appears to be switching the amp off and on. Any views?
3 When Qobuz first loads up (on a Dell XPS 13 with 16GB of ram) there is a noticeable increase in hiss. Do other users experience this?
4 As mentioned, no stuttering but... yesterday my young niece came round and while I was trying to impress her with my 21st century gear there was severe stuttering of the sound. I gave up at this stage but subsequently it struck me that she was using her Iphone at the time and a brief google shows a number of posts re iphones causing network dropouts. Anybody else think this may be possible?

Overall very happy to the point I am planning on getting rid of a significant %age of my CDs and hope (naively) that Devialet will eventually have Qobuz running natively on the Amp which will further improve sound quality / reliability
Chord Blu > D200 > Martin Logan Ethos : Saddleworth, England
(18-Feb-2018, 17:32)Tony Wrote: 1 When changing tracks on Qobuz, especially when previous track is still playing, sound stops. Cycling through the Dev inputs back to Air restores the sound. Do any other Qobuz users have this issue?
2 Occasionally 'My Devialet' drops off the network. In this case the only solution appears to be switching the amp off and on. Any views?
3 When Qobuz first loads up (on a Dell XPS 13 with 16GB of ram) there is a noticeable increase in hiss. Do other users experience this?
4 As mentioned, no stuttering but... yesterday my young niece came round and while I was trying to impress her with my 21st century gear there was severe stuttering of the sound. I gave up at this stage but subsequently it struck me that she was using her Iphone at the time and a brief google shows a number of posts re iphones causing network dropouts. Anybody else think this may be possible?

Overall very happy to the point I am planning on getting rid of a significant %age of my CDs and hope (naively) that Devialet will eventually have Qobuz running natively on the Amp which will further improve sound quality / reliability

Hi Tony, I started a similar thread at about the same time for the same reasons...

1. I noticed similar behaviour as having to cycle between the inputs, but with UPnP, not AIR.
  2. Happened to me occasionaly, I think; DOS 2.2.0 beta 12 made it better (and fixed some UPnP issues).
  3. Time to switch to a Mabook maybe ?  Cool
  4. Maybe upgrade your WiFi access point. I noticed considerable improvement when I moved from an old Airport Express to a Ubiquity Amplifi router (the affordable, non-mesh version). The CI has a new 5Ghz chip that needs a reliable WiFi router to get optimum performance. Ubquity provides just that.
Looking forward to native Qobuz support as well.
Hi Toni, stream since the CI upgrade (2 weeks) with Tidal and Qobuz via UPnP! So far, no problems with drops, or the like. Stream via LAN cable, not by wifi etc.
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(18-Feb-2018, 18:09)K4680 Wrote: Hi Toni, stream since the CI upgrade (2 weeks) with Tidal and Qobuz via UPnP! So far, no problems with drops, or the like. Stream via LAN cable, not by wifi etc.

What's your setup?
Just came accross this interesting summary:

https://static.qobuz.com/info/thumbnails...droid2.jpg
[Image: Streaming_Qobuz_iOS_Android2.jpg]
(18-Feb-2018, 18:44)arcam Wrote:
(18-Feb-2018, 18:09)K4680 Wrote: Hi Toni, stream since the CI upgrade (2 weeks) with Tidal and Qobuz via UPnP! So far, no problems with drops, or the like. Stream via LAN cable, not by wifi etc.

What's your setup?

This is my setup:
Devialet 220Pro-Core, Focal Sopra 3, Linn Klimax DS/Katalyst, Burmester 089 CD, Melco N1Z (Drive Buffalo BRXL-16U3), Cable Audioquest (NRG-10,Diamond,K2,Yukon etc.), iPad-Pro, KECES P8 Dual, Qobuz Sublime+, Tidal
IsoTek: 2 x EVO3 Genesis, EVO3 Titane One, EVO3 Syncro.
As an app, I use, Kazoo, Kinsky, AK Connect 2.0, Lumin
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Many thanks all for the feedback...

1 (Glad) the cycling through inputs is happening to others albeit not necessarily via Air.
2 OK I am not on the Beta so this hopefully will improve.
3 Haha the old Mac vs PC issue arises... but I appreciate the thought. Dell is pretty SOTA, less than 6 months old but I can accept that loading Qobuz on Mac may generate less noise that PC.
4 Wifi is via a less than two week old Plusnet Home One router that also makes 5Ghz available. Not sure how you prove the Dev etc is using it? I agree that LAN is the next test, just waiting for a longer BT Master socket to Router cable to arrive. As an aside I find it amusing that £1000,s of kit now hangs off 3 metres of bell wire!

Setup is incredibly simple, Homehub One, wireless Dell XPS via Air to wireless Devialet. Rest of kit in signature.

Re French Qobuz summary I am afraid I failed O level French 3 times!

All the best, Tony
Just a brief update ...
1 Sound stopping when changing tracks still happens when fully wired although perhaps a little less often than wireless. Very inconsistent though.
2 Now that the Dev is wired this does not happen but My Devialet-ETH does not always appear on first switch on of the amp and often requires a power off / on
3 My brain / ear combination had misdiagnosed the hiss as coming from the speakers. It is actually coming from the PlusNet router which appears to be prone to hissing under network load on the 5Ghz connection. Easily reproduced by running a speed test on it. Wired (to the PC) there is no noise.

Sound quality in general I find to be better fully wired than fully wireless and very much enjoying lots of new music with Qobuz.