Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know if the the USB input is UAC2 compliant?
Looking at a Schitt URD CD transport.  Asked Schitt if the transport would work with the Expert Pro, and the answer back was that IF the Expert Pro was UAC2 compliant, it would work.

Does anyone here know about this?
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB
Yes, I'd be pretty confident the Expert Pro USB input is USB Audio Class 2 (UAC-2) compliant. On Devialet's web site they say "USB Audio 2.0 Asynchronous", and I believe their USB input is based on an XMOS chip-set. Further information here: https://www.xmos.ai/download/Why-do-you-...?(1.0).pdf.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(22-Jul-2023, 18:36)thumb5 Wrote: Yes, I'd be pretty confident the Expert Pro USB input is USB Audio Class 2 (UAC-2) compliant.  On Devialet's web site they say "USB Audio 2.0 Asynchronous", and I believe their USB input is based on an XMOS chip-set.  Further information here: https://www.xmos.ai/download/Why-do-you-...?(1.0).pdf.

Thanks!  Been waiting for a USB CD transport for some time. The Schitt website says that USB 2.0 doesn't mean it's it's UAC-2 compliant.  Guess I'll need to check with Devialet  about this.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

That's right: USB 2.0 on its own does not mean USB Audio Class 2 - it is confusing! But since Devialet say "USB Audio 2.0 Asynchronous" that implies USB Audio Class 2 support. Of course, I don't want to discourage you from asking Devialet to confirm that.
Warwickshire, UK
(22-Jul-2023, 21:09)thumb5 Wrote: That's right: USB 2.0 on its own does not mean USB Audio Class 2 - it is confusing!  But since Devialet say "USB Audio 2.0 Asynchronous" that implies USB Audio Class 2 support.  Of course, I don't want to discourage you from asking Devialet to confirm that.
Roger.  Thanks for the feedback.  I think you are right, but will check first.

(22-Jul-2023, 21:09)thumb5 Wrote: That's right: USB 2.0 on its own does not mean USB Audio Class 2 - it is confusing!  But since Devialet say "USB Audio 2.0 Asynchronous" that implies USB Audio Class 2 support.  Of course, I don't want to discourage you from asking Devialet to confirm that.

Got an answer back from the Chief Engineer.  The answer boils down to" But of Course it supports UAC2".

As far as I am aware, the Schitt UCD is the first and only CD transport that supports USB.

Glad you got a definitive answer!
Warwickshire, UK