Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 200 ICM noise
I have Devialet 200 amplifier and it is connect to the LG TV with an optical cable. I am using the ICM (Intelligent Cinema Mode) and it has been working basically very well. Now I have noticed an unwelcome effect, if the program has quiet moments during a discussion, Devialet will turn up the volume so much, that you can hear the background noise. This phenomenon does not appear before the amplifier has warmed up (I am not 100% about this).

Has anyone else experience this problem? And how to solve it? Easy solution is of course to disable ICM, but I kind of like it while watching television with modest volume.
Devialet D200 / Linn LP12 + Lingo + Shelter 901 / Aurender X100L / Magnepan 3.7.i / Heavens Gate Ultra Silence speaker cables / Oyaide Tunami GPX power cable
This sounds like there is an AGC (Automatic Gain Control) in the signal path somewhere. I do not use ICM myself, but I doubt Devialet is using AGC. Have you checked the audio settings in your LG? Any setting there that could affect this? Does it disappear with ICM off? In that case I'd suggest it is a bug you should contact Devialet about.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB