Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 200 Phono Stage
(01-Jul-2015, 13:51)Infiniteloop Wrote:
(01-Jul-2015, 13:27)Soniclife Wrote: PS I ran an original Xerxes for years, I'm sure the new ones are stunning.

What are you spinning now?

I replaced the Roxy with a Rega P9 over 15 years ago, and I've still no inclination to change it. If I was buying a deck now I would be have the RP10 at the top of the dem list, but I'm completely out of touch with the TT world, and turntables are very personal choices.
(30-Jun-2015, 18:56)PhilP Wrote:
(30-Jun-2015, 17:38)Infiniteloop Wrote:
(30-Jun-2015, 16:30)bentrider Wrote: Do you need to make a decision on the Roksan phono stage now?  e.g. it is less expensive if purchased at the same time as the TT.

If there is no advantage, take your time.  Start with the Devialet phono stage and if you find it not to your taste then experiment.

It's a bit more complicated than that as I have two systems, the other one centred around a Unison Research S8 Valve Amp, which doesn't have a Phono Stage. If the Roksan is better than the Devialet, I would obviously go for that, but if it isn't I can run the Roxie into the Devialet and maybe choose something else for when I want to use the TT with the S8. Anyway, it sounds like the Devialet Phono Stage is as good as Devialet make out from the helpful postings on here, but I guess I need to do some more listening.

I would try the Devialet phono stage first if I were you. I've heard various phono stages (including Naim, DV, Heed - but not Roksan) and the Devialet sounds much better to me. I use a Linn LP12 (antique).

Interesting. I used to have a Linn Linto that I sold when I bought the 400. I would be curious now to compare.
Just now I made some test since I have on LP12 a brand new Akito arm + Lyra Delos cartridge (still need 50 hours to render the best).
The digital file is still superior to the vinyl rendering when I switch from one file (ethernet air) to the Phono source. More bass more precision.
Do you have a LINGO alimentation ? this is maybe what I miss in the system.
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
(03-Jul-2015, 18:18)jfp Wrote:
(30-Jun-2015, 17:38)Infiniteloop Wrote:
(30-Jun-2015, 16:30)bentrider Wrote: Do you need to make a decision on the Roksan phono stage now?  e.g. it is less expensive if purchased at the same time as the TT.

If there is no advantage, take your time.  Start with the Devialet phono stage and if you find it not to your taste then experiment.

It's a bit more complicated than that as I have two systems, the other one centred around a Unison Research S8 Valve Amp, which doesn't have a Phono Stage. If the Roksan is better than the Devialet, I would obviously go for that, but if it isn't I can run the Roxie into the Devialet and maybe choose something else for when I want to use the TT with the S8. Anyway, it sounds like the Devialet Phono Stage is as good as Devialet make out from the helpful postings on here, but I guess I need to do some more listening.

I would try the Devialet phono stage first if I were you. I've heard various phono stages (including Naim, DV, Heed - but not Roksan) and the Devialet sounds much better to me. I use a Linn LP12 (antique).

Interesting. I used to have a Linn Linto that I sold when I bought the 400. I would be curious now to compare.
Just now I made some test since I have on LP12 a brand new Akito arm + Lyra Delos cartridge (still need 50 hours to render the best).
The digital file is still superior to the vinyl rendering when I switch from one file (ethernet air) to the Phono source. More bass more precision.

Maybe. These days the LP 12 is seen as being a bit 'soft' generally.
(02-Jul-2015, 10:21)Soniclife Wrote:
(01-Jul-2015, 13:51)Infiniteloop Wrote:
(01-Jul-2015, 13:27)Soniclife Wrote: PS I ran an original Xerxes for years, I'm sure the new ones are stunning.

What are you spinning now?

I replaced the Roxy with a Rega P9 over 15 years ago, and I've still no inclination to change it.  If I was buying a deck now I would be have the RP10 at the top of the dem list, but I'm completely out of touch with the TT world, and turntables are very personal choices.

(03-Jul-2015, 18:18)jfp Wrote:
(30-Jun-2015, 17:38)Infiniteloop Wrote: It's a bit more complicated than that as I have two systems, the other one centred around a Unison Research S8 Valve Amp, which doesn't have a Phono Stage. If the Roksan is better than the Devialet, I would obviously go for that, but if it isn't I can run the Roxie into the Devialet and maybe choose something else for when I want to use the TT with the S8. Anyway, it sounds like the Devialet Phono Stage is as good as Devialet make out from the helpful postings on here, but I guess I need to do some more listening.

What are your settings for the Lyra Delos? I have the same cartridge with a VPI Scout II.... I'm now using the 'standard' config when you select this cartridge from the menu.... I'm wondering on your experiences....