Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Phantom Gold maybe 2 more Phantom Silver?
(23-Jun-2020, 09:39)Feistel Wrote: [
Dear Streamy and Phlipno,

Have either of you received a confirmation of the products being actually sent yet?
I've ordered two Phantom Gold's as well, to upgrade my single Phantom White.
I can't stop thinking that this has to be a fake offer though, because the price is just way to low.

I cannot give you any confirmation about 2nd Hand Phantoms if they are in good condition and fully operational. What I saw on Amazon are some fake offers of Phantom Gold for 20-30 Euros, but they are so easily recognizable as toys that have nothing to do with Devialet Phantom Gold speakers. They are cheap Chinese BT speakers having around 10W power and the name „Phantom Gold 108DB“. But there can be offers online of damaged Phamtoms with attractive price offer. Everyone has to judge if this is still working (e.g. functioning speaker with a dell in the aluminum woofer) for them. Devialet does not fix Phantoms. They offer replacements (new Phantom) for about 2/3 of the original price. I consider this as a fair offer. Maybe because in my own experience they are a solid hardware built that lasts in my case for more than 5 years already while used on daily basis. I would pay 1500-1800 Euros for a 3-4 year old Phantom Gold. 700-800 Euros for a Phantom Gold raises in my opinion Alarm flags that there might be some ‚fake‘ here or some damage on the speaker that is offered.
(23-Jun-2020, 09:39)Feistel Wrote:
(21-Jun-2020, 05:50)philipno1 Wrote:
(19-Jun-2020, 22:11)streamy Wrote: I can only say that I have so far never had a problem with a Phantom, but replaced two Silvers by Golds when there was a special offer to „gold your Phantom“ after about 2 years of having them. My third Silver from 2015 still works seamless on daily basis no issues, rock solid. However, 1500$ for a 3 year old consumer device seems to me quite high, considering that there is no warranty and a new Phantom Premier that has 1000W less costs ‚only‘ about 2000 USD and has only 2dB less SPL.
Dear Streamy,

I found second hand phantom Gold only 735 eur in Germany amazon . It is really a good price, so I will upgrade to 4 phantom gold. Smile

Have either of you received a confirmation of the products being actually sent yet?
I can't stop thinking that this has to be a fake offer though, because the price is just way to low.
Hi Streamy,
I found that 735 eur is really good price but also I considering is it fake offer or not. I gave up this option about two days ago and buy two brand new phantom silver (storage unit) for apox 1130 eur in China. I think this price is more reasonable to avoid any risk during product defect/ used/ fake offer and damage during transportation.
(24-Jun-2020, 21:46)streamy Wrote:
(23-Jun-2020, 09:39)Feistel Wrote: [

I cannot give you any confirmation about 2nd Hand Phantoms if they are in good condition and fully operational. What I saw on Amazon are some fake offers of Phantom Gold for 20-30 Euros, but they are so easily recognizable as toys that have nothing to do with Devialet Phantom Gold speakers. They are cheap Chinese BT speakers having around 10W power and the name „Phantom Gold 108DB“. But there can be offers online of damaged Phamtoms with attractive price offer. Everyone has to judge if this is still working (e.g. functioning speaker with a dell in the aluminum woofer) for them. Devialet does not fix Phantoms. They offer replacements (new Phantom) for about 2/3 of the original price. I consider this as a fair offer. Maybe because in my own experience they are a solid hardware built that lasts in my case for more than 5 years already while used on daily basis. I would pay 1500-1800 Euros for a 3-4 year old Phantom Gold. 700-800 Euros for a Phantom Gold raises in my opinion Alarm flags that there might be some ‚fake‘ here or some damage on the speaker that is offered.
Hi streamy and [b]Feistel, 
[/b]
Thank you for your suggestion. I gave up the 735 option and go for new phantom silver for my rear left and right speaker apox 1134 eur each. I also bought two second hand Phantom Gold (under warranty apox 2100 eur each) Just to give you guys some idea about the second hand price. Reasonable price avoid any problem.