Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can AIR stream 24 bit / 352kHz?
(19-Dec-2014, 10:21)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Hi guys,

Mark wrote another post about high bit rate. This one is easy to read and not at all boring

http://secure.campaigner.com/Campaigner/...et966&_v=2

If this doesn't convince you to keep half your money in your pocket then I guess nothing will. Weust, I guess your question opened up a whole new can of worms. I hope you're ok with me kidnapping your thread Wink

Cheers,

Pim

I was actually just reading this in my inbox and i thought of this thread Smile
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Here's the good news out of all this information; We've actually come to the situation that there is no technical reason anymore for creating a less than stellar recording. Even thought there are a lot of charlatans out there now (Sony being the biggest one) trying to sell the same shit in a different bucket, at least for those who want to do the right thing and make good recordings the tools are readily available. And if Sony gets through to the main stream then it's only a matter of time before the main stream starts to pay attention to good sound. That's a win win situation! It just takes a bit more time Sad
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Geen probleem voor de kidnap.
Enige wat ik vaag vind is dat hij schrijft over converters.
Alleen niet waarom. Als hij bedoelt converten van een lagere resolutie naar een hogere, dan heb je het over up-sampling.
Devialet 200 | Marten Django L | Modified Philips CD940 | Technics SL1210 Mk2
Hey weust, now you're kidnapping an English forum to continue in Dutch? For me that's no problem, but as a courtesy to all readers I suggest that you continue in English. There's also the option that you continue your discussions in PM's if you still prefer your native language.

The technician of Sniprecords also told us that all editing for sacd's is done in highres PCM. There just aren't any editingconsoles for DSD at all. When the editing is done in highres PCM the finished product is converted to DSD. That's what he told us on the occasion. Still there's a bunch of people who like to believe that DSD is superior to highres PCM/wav in wich the recording always is done to begin with.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
I have no idea why I continued in Dutch. Probably because I know you to be Dutch...
Sometimes I don't even notice when switching from Dutch to English and vice versa.

What I wrote was, is that I don't mind the kidnapping of the topic.
Only thing I wondered about what he meant with converting.
If by converting he means going from a lower resolution to a higher one, that's up-sampling.
In a way that is converting, but I don't get the "converting".
Devialet 200 | Marten Django L | Modified Philips CD940 | Technics SL1210 Mk2