Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can i connect phantom reactor to a behringer umc202 audio interface?
Hello, 

I am about to pull the trigger on 2 reactors for a pc setup. 

Until the stereo update is available, could I plug these into my Behringer Uphoria UMC HD 202 audio interface for stereo? 

Should I install the spark app on my Windows pc? 

I plan to buy them next week. 

Many thanks!
Living Room: Devialet Dione
I wonder how these beauties perform in a near-field environment.

Keep in mind that the analog input is limited to 48 kHz and up to 96 kHz for optical. Ideally you'd want to use optical but I am not sure how you'd connect the cables to make the 2 phantoms play in stereo.
Thank you for the reply.

I think I need a toslink splitter. Apparently my computer can output stereo toslink so if I get a junction I should be able to feed 2 optical signals to the reactors.

I think....
(11-Feb-2019, 19:53)RMK Wrote: Thank you for the reply.

I think I need a toslink splitter. Apparently my computer can output stereo toslink so if I get a junction I should be able to feed 2 optical signals to the reactors.

I think....

Wouldn't a toslink splitter simply split the signal into 2 identical outputs? That won't get you stereo playback.

I believe you would first need to convert the digital signal from your computer to analog so you can split the signal into L and R (stereo). Too bad Phantom Reactors are limited to 48 kHz when connected to analog.
I've bought two 6.35mm to 3.5mm cables so I can temporarily connect to my pc in stereo.

The phantoms arrive tomorrow so I'll update how I get on
(12-Feb-2019, 06:45)RMK Wrote: I've bought two 6.35mm to 3.5mm cables so I can temporarily connect to my pc in stereo.

The phantoms arrive tomorrow so I'll update how I get on

So... how did it go? Did you manage to make your 2 phantoms play in stereo?
Sure did. Just need to sort out my cable spaghetti now.

https://youtu.be/DiH1AAcXUk0
Nice! Would you say the phantom reactors are good speakers for near-field use? How do they sound at low volumes?
So far so good but I would imagine they need a bit of space to breathe.

I had to go to work so haven't really listened that much yet. Just wanted a test run.

So far so good.
Do you guys leave the phantoms on all the time or turn off at the back when you are finished using?