Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't install Devialet usb driver
I use Windows server 2019 and I can't install the driver for the usb. It says the device must be connected, but it is. Any suggestions on what to do? The usb outputs work with harddrives etc.

Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
@frejo Just to see how the USB on the Devialet behaves: have you got a Pi3 or 4 in your collection? Load it with RoPieee and see if it shows up in Roon with your Devialet connected. If it does you know it is working and it should in Windows too. If Windows still doesn't work you could look for "energy saving" or similar settings on the USB port in either (or both) bios and Windows settings. The Devialet USB chip set is powered internally, but needs the 5V bus power present on startup to enumerate (handshake) AFAIK.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I had the same error message the first time I loaded the USB driver on my current PC.

I can't quite remember exactly how I solved it, but it was along the line of turn off the PC, a hard reset of the Devialet (Long press on the button or turn it off at the mains), restart the Devialet, select USB, restart the PC.

The above might be wrong, maybe I did the hard reset of the Devialet with the PC running an connected? I honestly cannot remember.

But something along the lines of the above solved the issue. Maybe start with a hard reset of the Devialet, if that does not work, restart Devialet and PC as mentioned above.

Good luck!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I am a complete idiot. I accidently had pushed the usb cable in the ethernet connection on the back of the Devialet.

Thanks for your input.
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
No wonder it didn't work! Glad it's sorted. Hope it sounds good!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB