Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't stream with AirPlay or AIR
I'm a new Devialet Expert 220 Pro owner. I can't stream from my phone. I have my TV STB on the optical input and that works. When I attempt to stream from Qobuz on iPhone using AirPlay (it does appear as an AirPlay device) the sound from optical input ceases but the system goes silent. I also tried with AIR on my Mac but it's the same, no sound. It appears the unit is changing "input" because to get back to optical I need to press "Source". But no sounds from the streaming "input". I'm using wired Ethernet, I am not used WiFi. 

Is there some setup config I need in the configurator to enable streaming over Ethernet?
I use wifi rather than ethernet but there was no explicit streaming setup beyond the normal wifi parameters. However I've used airplay and whilst it works fine I've had occasional dropouts too.

What I do know from this is that the automatic switch to the airplay input occurs very early in the sequence, before airplay has any idea whether it can actually play or not. In one case airplay had timed out on the phone, the Devialet switched but there was no sound until the phone was explicitly reconnected to the airplay endpoint.

I'm not saying this is related to the problem you have, but it does suggest that your network setup is possibly ok and also a few things to try. Airplay with a different (non-Devialet) endpoint is one. I'd also be tempted to try the Spotify endpoint on the Devialet. Spotify has questionable sound quality but in my experience the endpoint streaming bit is very reliable. It worked immediately on my Devialet (but then so did airplay...)

Whereas Air has had a rather patchy reliability history (and in my experience too) so it's not something I'd personally use as an indicative test.

So those tests should indicate if there is a general problem with air and a general problem with endpoint streaming on the Devialet, and hopefully indicate the general area of what to check next.
1000 Pro / Magico A5 / REL Studio III
(29-Sep-2021, 12:52)ashbash Wrote: I'm a new Devialet Expert 220 Pro owner. I can't stream from my phone. I have my TV STB on the optical input and that works. When I attempt to stream from Qobuz on iPhone using AirPlay (it does appear as an AirPlay device) the sound from optical input ceases but the system goes silent. I also tried with AIR on my Mac but it's the same, no sound. It appears the unit is changing "input" because to get back to optical I need to press "Source". But no sounds from the streaming "input". I'm using wired Ethernet, I am not used WiFi. 

Is there some setup config I need in the configurator to enable streaming over Ethernet?

Curious to know what would trigger the source switch, if your Expert is not setup to use WiFi. As for your inability to Airplay to your Expert, may I ask why you can't just activate your Expert WiFi and stream wirelessly?

On my end I stream from the Qobuz app over WiFi (with the Expert source set to Airplay and detected as an Airplay device by my iPhone or my Macbook) and everything works quite well. Occasionally upon selecting the Expert as an Airplay device, the Qobuz stream will pause, but I can typically reactivate it right away.

I also stopped trying to use Air after I ran into too many issues or glitches.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro (upgraded from 120) + Atohm GT1 + Clearaudio Concept Wood (MM) - now back in Paris, France