Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cartridges and phono settings
I have a Grado Reference cartridge and can't find any info.
Can anyone suggest what settings I need?
(13-Jul-2015, 10:38)Davyboy Wrote: I have a Grado Reference cartridge and can't find any info.
Can anyone suggest what settings I need?

Go here for some info: http://www.gradolabs.com/cartridges/refe...cartridges
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Hello

I am kind of new to this so could you please tell me what settings I should use for  Clearaudio Maestro V2 cartridge. When I entered Clearaudio and Maestro V2 into the Configurator, I just accepted the default settings shown below. Is this correct?

MM
Stereo
3.6mV
High
0 pF
Auto WiFi off
RIAA 1976
96kHz

Thanks for the help!
Donald

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Anybody?

(29-Aug-2015, 18:12)DonaldLL Wrote: Hello

I am kind of new to this so could you please tell me what settings I should use for  Clearaudio Maestro V2 cartridge. When I entered Clearaudio and Maestro V2 into the Configurator, I just accepted the default settings shown below. Is this correct?

MM
Stereo
3.6mV
High
0 pF
Auto WiFi off
RIAA 1976
96kHz

Thanks for the help!
Donald
I think we're all nervous that it's a trick question!

It looks like you're doing the right thing.
(30-Aug-2015, 16:29)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I think we're all nervous that it's a trick question!

It looks like you're doing the right thing.

Thanks Rufus; one thing that puzzles me is that on the Clearaudio website I see 100pF for this cartridge but the Configurator sets this at 0pF Then again, I am not really certain about this so that's why I ask
Ah OK. It's not totally impossible Devialet have got it wrong. Might be worth asking Clearaudio and perhaps Devialet. I doubt a setting of 0pF rather than 100pF will cause any problems other than sounding slightly different though.
FWIW...here's the response I got from Devialet

Alexandre Panizzoli (Devialet)
Sep 7, 23:22

The cartridge list on the configurator is not intended to embed all models from every manufacturer

This database may content error. Most manufacturer loading values are not optimal.

Thus, we'd recommend to use RAM menu instead with the proper template. If you feel the listening quality is better with your settings then you just have to name it with the top bar menu on the Configurator setting (editable orange Rectangle)

RAM allow on the fly modification of all loading parameters plus gain

Regards.
Hi.

I have 200 and got a Dynavector 20X2 L cartridge on my VPI Traveler. Can someone give me some good settings on this ?
As now i think there is very low gain. Configured in RAM with the standard settings for MC DV 20x2L cartridge. 460 ohm / 0.3mv

I am totally new on vinyl Huh  Thanks in advance
NORWAY
Devialet 200 - Marten Design Django XL - Squeeze Touch - VPI Traveler
Hi All, the beauty of using RAM is that you can change the settings and instantly see (and hear) the results on screen. Open up a recording programme, eg Audacity, and either preview or record your disc, by changing the cartridge settings as it is playing you will see instantly the result and whether it is a good or bad setting. At the moment I am using, for my Dynavector 10X5,
RIAA 1953
max level 1.00mv
loading 30 ohms
I will no doubt do some more experimenting, but this seems to work quite well.
Have fun. Mike.