Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cd Player + Streamer
hi all,
I'm very tempted to get a cd player with some sort of streaming support so I can play music from my cd collection, avoid spark where possible and also add airplay support

I was thinking about something like this
http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-v...mode=model

and potentially attach directly to one of my 2 silvers (avoiding the dropout issues via dialog)

Any suggestions?
Also, how do I control the volume and switch to the digital input? I guess I'll still be stuck with the spark app for that?

thanks!
If you enable the auto switch option for the toslink input in Spark, the input will automatically be chosen when a signal is detected. For volume you're still stuck with Spark if you don't want to adjust it digitally with your Airplay devices
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Or you can buy the remote volume control which I use every day
thanks guys! any advice on cd player with integrated streamer?
thanks!
The really expencive one
http://www.whathifi.com/burmester/musicc...151/review

The Yamaha streamer you've mentioned seems to be OK
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I am using the KISS method. My HDD and all my cd's (about 4,000) and my CD player ($3,500) are safely put away in the closet. Subscribe to TIDAL, and live with Spark. Once Tidal will stay on FLAC, without going back to ACC, this will be the the best way to listen to music. No extra equipment. Two Golds, 1 Dialog box, and an IPAD or Iphone. Over the last 40 years, I have had hundreds of speakers, amps, cd players, pre amps, turntables, high end cables, open reel to reel, servers, etc... I enjoy this simple set up more than any of them!!!